Aiwa NSX HMT76 Digital Mini Theater System Mini Systems

- 300W total output power.
- Advanced 3-disc auto changer.
- 50W powered subwoofer.

Submitted by Alex a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Bottom Line:
I have owned many stereo systems over the years, but none of them can quite compare with my Aiwa NSX-HMT76, which I just received yesterday. (I bought this system "seller refurbished" from eBay -- good luck finding these things brand new, haha.)

1.) The sound quality is amazing, especially considering that this is a mini system. To get the most out of this stereo, just press the BBE and T-Bass buttons on the unit 3 times each to turn them up all the way. Your higher frequencies (BBE) will have much better clarity, and your bass (T-Bass) will have much more depth to it.

2.) I'm not a big fan of DSP Surround effects, simply because... I just don't have any use for those. I tried it out, though, and I think they sound fairly realistic.

3.) I haven't tried the Dolby Pro Logic yet, so I can't make any comments on it. (Form your own opinion lol.)

4.) The 3-disc advanced CD changer is very high quality, and can even play CD-RW (re-writable) discs. It plays all my CDs without a hitch. (Some of my CDs are fairly scratched up, so I am pleasantly surprised!) It is also easy to exchange the discs, all done with a press of the disc exchange button.

5.) The tuner gets excellent reception. One of my favorite radio stations here in Milwaukee is hard to receive in the side of town I live in, but this system can pick it up fairly well.

6.) The auto-reverse dual tape deck is awesome! (Yes, it's 2017 -- but I still love to use analog media, so who cares?) The seller put new belts on it, so it functions like brand new. The fluorescent display on the unit shows you the playing deck number, as well as a four-digit electronic tape counter.) The only downside to the tape decks is that there is no Dolby NR -- can't win 'em all, though.

Overall, this thing is amazing. If you ever find a refurbished Aiwa CX-NHMT75 (another name for this model), buy it! You won't regret it, especially if you're into old school electronics like this. This model was released in 2000, so it's old, but it still packs a punch, and is definitely worth every single penny.

Submitted by a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this system at Wal Mart (go ahead and laugh 'cuz i bot it at walmart)

This system sounds AWESOME. It is great for little-medium-large rooms. The 50subwoofer helps add exteneded bass frequencies. I recommend AIWA digital audio products over any brand. Well I use INFINITY, JBL, and BOSE for home theater though.