Aiwa NSX-D858 Mini Systems

3.36/5 (14 Reviews)

Submitted by geo_46000 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this system almost 9 years ago and it has not missed a beat in all that time,i have had to do nothing to it in the terms of servicing i have it connected to a TV for the home theatre function and believe it or not its also connected to a recording studio via computer so i use it day in and day out for sound play back,i can not say enough to recommend this system,it has everything and to buy a system with the same capabilities at todays prices would cost a small fortune,i dread the day this system eventually breaks down on me because it would be sadly missed,if AIWA have a system on sale with the same functions as the NSX-D858 i can assure you i'll be buying it without a second thought because i am more than impressed with this product and on reflection if i had known how reliable it was going to be when i bought it i would have gladly paid double.Please excuse my ranting on about the NSX-D858 but i'm sure if anyone had the same success i have had with it i'm sure they would have no less to say.

Purchased At:   Scottish Power in Gl

Submitted by Scott a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the system 6 years ago with 6 years of warranty from Goodguys. I am not a good sound listener but for my own leisure use with cassette, cd, and radio, it is a great system. However, compare with you guys, I think I paid a bit too much!

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Clifford Cavorsi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I WAS LOOKING FOR A NICE SYSTEM AND THIS WAS THE BEST I FOUND 2 PICE SET FLAT OR TALL VERY EXPENSIVE LOOKING UNLIKE TODAYS TOYS OUT THERE THAT JUST SELL FOR ITS LOOKS AND LIGHTS. THIS HAS GIVIN ME A MOVIE THEATER IN MY HOME. IT HAS ENOUGH POWER TO ADD ON LARGER SPEEKERS FOR MORE BASS. THE ONLY PROBLEM IVE HAD IS THE REMOTE POWER BUTTON DOES NOT WORK. OTHER THEN THAT IF YOU CAN FIND ONE BYE ONE.
THIS SYSTEM HAS ALL THE FEAUTERS A $2000 SYSTEM HAS.

Purchased At:   SAMS WHOLESALE CLUB

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best audio set I think
Surround 100% because Samsung surround speakers

Purchased At:   a store

Submitted by Brandon Woodward a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
All I can say is that I have owned this for about 5 years now and it still works as good as it did the day I set it up. The Center channel speaker is the only lacking part of this system, but Dolby Pro Logic sounds amazing in the phantom mode. I know many people have given bad reviews but I highly recommend Aiwa. Considering how old mine is and the condition it has stayed in, I would rate it very high.

Purchased At:   Sams