Aiwa NSX-AJ20 Mini Systems

3.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $175.00

If you’re looking for great sound, you’ve found it with the NSX-AJ20 Mini Digital Audio System from Aiwa. Aiwa’s NSX-AJ20 is the perfect shelf system for dorm rooms, bedrooms, or even living rooms. The 3-CD changer and dual cassette decks ensure hours of listening pleasure. With 100 watts total output power, this mini system really packs a punch! With all of this and more, the NSX-AJ20 is the perfect choice for your listening pleasure.

Submitted by Yamaha1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
Very, Very Clear Sound I would recomend this system to anyone who want a stereo receiver. Sounds like The classical Pioneer SA-420 Amplifier avg is $850. One of Aiwa's better receivers I highly recomend it.

Purchased At:   American

Submitted by Brian Wu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the NSX-AJ20 at the WIZ because I really wanted a audio system that is a pretty design and has GEQ: Rock, Pop, Classic, and Jazz. There was another one I like, but I didn't know that because I thought that it didn't have GEQ! So someone who works at the store asks me which on did I want. I picked the Aiwa NSX-AJ20 because it has GEQ.

When I got home, I set up the product. I put it on top if a bookshelf upstairs in Mommy and Daddy's room. It was easy to hook up. But the FM attenna did not pick up any good reception. My neighbor's awsome audio system, Aiwa NSX-A959, had almost all radio stations with great reception. I taped the attenna behind the model shelf next to the bookshelf. I kept on moving the attenna, but one the station 100.30 FM kept on having a raining sound. I put the AM loop attenna on top of the model shelf. I thought I liked it very much, but you'll find out if I actually do.

A month later, I found out it would be a good thing to look at lights of a radio. I know almost everything about Aiwa sterios. So I went to WIZ again. But this time, I found out that there are some sterios that I liked much better, Aiwa NSX-HMT76 and Aiwa NSX-AJ70. These sterios are actually better than the Aiwa NSX-AJ20, but as good as my neighbor's Aiwa NSX-A959. I felt embarrassed of myself.

I thought that now beginners shouldn't use it. No clock button. No demo button. The demo just displays the GEQ: Rock, Pop, Classic. Then the rows of numbers. Then the CD Changer. Then it repeats over again. Like the Aiwa NSX-AJ70, it shows every details of all the gemeral features. When it displays the functions it tells you all the signs. When it displays the GEO: it tells you the sound level. Mine doesn't. The sound level thing just swings back and forth. And in the game demo, the sound level doesn't cheer for you like the other ones do. If you were a beginner of this, might push the demo button by accident. Then you wont know how to put it back to the clock.

This system features just 100 Watts, 3-Way Speaker System, GEQ, T-Bass and BBE. It contains a 3-CD Changer with CD-R/RW playback. In the tuner, it contains 32 presets. It features a digital output. In the dual tape deck, it features a continous playback deck and a recording deck.

Now many of the other radio stations I liked are getting badder and badder like the FM 96.30, 98.70, 103.50, 106.70 and 95.

Purchased At:   The WIZ

Submitted by David a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great stereo for a small to medium sized room. Its
sound can be ajusted with BBE, T-bass, and an okay graphic equailizer.The recording head on the tape deck makes great dubs and there suprisingly is a optical digital out for hooking up to a CD burner.There are also surround speaker inputs on the rear. It also has 3-way speakers. It also has a great owners manual. The remote's buttons are a little confusing, but all-in-all a great stereo and value.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by raj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
Not a bad system for the price good for small rooms

Purchased At:   Circuit city