Aiwa NSX-A909 Mini Systems

4.75/5 (12 Reviews)

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
i have had this product for over 10 years and i cant say that about many electronics. this is by far the best piece of electronic equipment i have ever had and it sounds great. about 7 years after having it the only problems i have had were with the tape player. (im not exactly worried about it though) and the speakers still strong as they were the day i bought the system. the cd player works very well too. i use this for my xbox my tv my cable and anything else i can hook up an aux jack into it. sound quality isnt hd but for the time ive had it and the quality i get out of it i would always want to use this system until it dies. :-)

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am using this mini-system already 1 year and can say it is really SUPER MINI-SYSTEM. AIWA NSX-S909 equipped enough good to beat some twice expensive systems even build on separate units. It has 4-way speaker system with buid-in subwoofer, uses bi-amping technology, which allowing make sound quality much better. Functions T-Bass and BBE are working very good. 200mm subwoofers, driven by separate amps making the quality of bass comparable with some floorstanding speakers, the bass is tight, deep and detailed. Mid/Hi frequencies sound impressive too.This mini-system is good for any type of music and will never upset buyer, but it specially usefull for modern styles. It has everything for fast electronic music.THANKS TO AIWA!!!

Purchased At:   ARAY

Submitted by Jack a

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
One of the best mini systems ever produced. Aiwa proves to be the leader in this category. Excellent bass and sound clarity. Sounds great even with movies(Just listen to Hotel California from the Eagles DVD on PCM stereo). Even the later models from aiwa could not match the performance of this model. It also has a good resale value.

Submitted by Ameer a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
Last year I was looking for a not too pricey stereo for my room with good bass. I checked out all Sony's, Philips, and Panasonics.They all didn't have what I wanted. The Aiwa NSX-A909 caught my eye with the built in powered subwoofers. I put it on the karaoke mode and tuned in to a rock station. Boy, was I impressed. Remember now, I'm checking for bass here not karaoke. Anyway,I put a piece of paper in front of one of the subwoofers and it almost got sucked completely into the speaker box. The air this thing was pushing was incredible. What can i say, I bought it. This Aiwa is great for parties, DVD, etc. So to any bass freaks who have a tight wallet, I highly recommend this product.

Submitted by Alexander Bilstein a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had this unit for about 3 weeks now, and I love it. Cost me $200US plus shipping at amazon.com, but I think they are sold out now. Fantastic sound, nice base. I think I got it at this price because it's last year's model, but who would know? DVD movies are awesome when hooked up to this little system.

Kind of gaudy in appearance like most bookshelf systems, but it's better than most. Display can be dimmed quite a bit for a more subtle appearance which is nice. Some features I have no use for like the karaoke, tape decks, and some other minor functions, but that's nitpicking for my specific taste.

Overall, a fantastic system for the price I paid, with lots of features and customization. I would definitely purchase this system again if I had to start over.

MS 1400W: