Sonic Blue Nike psa[play 120
Description: · play up to two hours of digital-quality music from the Internet or your CDsUpgrade your playtime with MMC memory cards · supports multiple digital audio formats - MP3 and Windows Media (WMA) · easily upgradeable to future audio formats · digital remote with display · PC and Macintosh compatible

Submitted by asp125 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought one of the 32Mb versions refurbished/used for a measly $50. Too cool on style points. Everyone wonders what it is. Controls are no-frills, the rubber pad can be operated in the dark or while on the move once you learn the positions. Came with a set of Nike folding headphones which are really cheap on sound quality; I'd get better sound using a Dixie cup and a string. The only display is an LCD on the remote, but IMHO when you're running or exercising, who has time to look at the remote? Also the remote's buttons (or rather "horn ring") are too small for gloved hands or fat fingers.

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by billvjohn a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Would be great if it worked most of the time. I have to fool around with the battery constantly to get the unit to turn on. Once on, it's fine. My display went bad over time. I'm on my second unit under Best Buy's Service Plan and am now turning it in (yet again) and picking out an entirely different brand.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Johnnie Hill a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my second MP3 player (RCA KAZOO). This one (PSA 120) has a list of features that are superior to the RCA and my friend's RIO 800. 1) I've dropped it several times while jogging or walking (see weaknesses). With 128mb of memory(interior & exterior) I,m still listening to the 103 files I originally put on the player two months ago. The non-slip texture of this unit feel great and it fit in the plam of my hand very well.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by lsustud a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
This thing is great when it works--which is only about 20% of the time. I have spent more time fooling with the battery while running than actually listening to music. The outer casing broke. Silver part scratched. Headphones are nice. Software sucks but music does download to the unit pretty quick. I wouldnt pay the money again.

Purchased At:   internet

Submitted by Brian Long a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really enjoy this unit when running. Just what I was looking for, but after about a month it took a dump!!! I tried to erase the memory and reload some new music but could not get the old stored music to erase.
Really disappointed now I have to deal with having it repaired. Up to this point I would have given it a great rating but now it will not even play at all.

Purchased At:   Best Buy