Technics by Panasonic SCEH750
Description: MINI HI-FI with DOLBY PROLOGIC and 6-CH input for DOLBY DIGITAL

Submitted by Tim Pearson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I brought my TECHINICS SC-DV170 because I had a TECHINICS SD-CA1080, that was a fabulous sound but I wanted a dvd player, my old hi-fi didn't have any digital audio inputs & the new one would hold 5 disc's, which is important to me because I am a disabled person & I can't change the disc's myself, When I got it set-up I was disappointed with the sound quality,
I bought a TECHINICS sup-woofer
SB-W500E-L, it wasn't the one what went with the system because I had read that you couldn't tell any difference with it on or off the system but the one I bought has made allot of diffference to the sound quality & it sounds very good now, but it is still not has good has my old TECHINICS SD-CA1080.

Purchased At:   Local Store

Submitted by Rory Duncan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Technics is really going downhill and resting on it's previously good laurels. These minisystems are complete crap. If the tape decks go wrong, for example, whilst they're being sent away, you have to live without the entire system (which is a good thing actually...). Why package them as separates? To make them look more expensive than they are. Proper (i.e. individually mains powered boxes) sound better, last longer, can be upgraded and can look better. For the same price, check out the TEAC Reference 300/400/500 and the Denon DCF100. These are proper separates systems in the same style/width as the Technics. Hope this has been useful to you all.

Submitted by Edin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a great system that is ideal for both music lovers and movie lovers alike. The DVD input is great for enjoying dvd movies in Dolby Digital in the future. The sound is high quality, and the bass is very powerful, almost too powerful thanks to the in built Digital Subwoofer. Great for techno or rap music. One minor down side is that the CD changer is quite slow but is still highly functional. Overall, the system is quite expensive but is great quality, and can match the lower end component systems easily and will beat any other mini hifi system hands down.

Submitted by Dmitry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a good mini-system, with good (even exaggerated)
bass, but, ofcourse, it needs a subwoofer for better effect when watching movies. As for the high frequencies - I was really disappointed with the tweater: the sound it makes lacks sharpness, and I have to boost the highs radically to make it sound somewhat better. But anyway, there is a noticeable gap at around 8 kHz, and open hihats just dont do it for me - when I wear my headphones I hear them clear and loud, so what really sucks is the speakers.
What I like the most is the tape recording quality. The sound is excellent, approaching the limit for the tape. So if you're planning to make CD copies on cassettes - SC-EH750 is the best choice.
In general, the sound quality is good, and it would be just excellent with better speakers.

Submitted by Braden a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
Good bass, great clear sound, DVD inputs, plus many other great features. No matter how loud I set it, it will not distort, and the bass is great! Apparently one of the best mini-component systems on the market.