JPS Labs UltraConductor Interconnect

Submitted by Eric a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have the UltraConductor ll's. Interesting that there are not any reviews here on these!

I had been listening to my Silver Bullet 4's for years. No reason to look elsewhere until I got a tube preamp and needed another set of interconnects. At first I just bought a pair of Better Cables Silver Serpents Anniversary Edition's. It was an easy buy, and I could check out the silver over copper sound. For a year or so I was listening to that combo, switching back and forth, and settling on the Silver Serpents in the DAC to pre position, and the Silver Bullets in the pre to amp spot. No problems. I had some longer Silver Serpents that I was using on my sub, and for the heck of it I switched those with the Silver Bullets to see what would happen with silver over copper x2 on the preamp. Well shisters, that was disturbing! Mud, and mind bending crap. I felt like I was going to have a seizure! The sub did sound good though with the short Silver Bullets in there! Tight, well defined bass. A move in the right direction for the sub. That got me thinking...I already had the JPS Labs digital power cord. I liked it, but nothing to rave about. I took a second look a their interconnects, read some reviews, and pulled the trigger.

Wow, and wow. I did expect them to sound good, but this is a very good upgrade over the pure silver. Kind of like the best of both worlds. Large sound with good definition. Bigger and easier. No real downsides. When I subbed the Silver Bullets back in the sound got small and somewhat more irritating in a way. These are keepers.