NAD M3
Description: <ul> <li>180 watts X 2, 10Hz - 20kHz</li> <li>Main Amp input</li> <li>Powered subwoofer</li> <li>Dual Mono topology</li> </ul>

Submitted by Stephen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I came across a blind listening in a HiFi shop few months ago, I did not know what amp was being used to drive a pair of ordinary floor standing speakers, the music was so lively presented with pretty rich textures, huge soundstage and detailed bass. I could not stand anymore to ask the shop owner for the amp, and my jaw dropped to the floor when he told me it was a NAD M3 ! I could not believe it is so cheap with such a luxury spec and features ! 180W with 50A output, custom made Holmgren transformers, discrete resistors volume control with special made front end module, separable PRE and Power portion, either can be independently used....I immediately paid to replace my 211 tube amp.

I have been listening HiFi for many years, and owned many pricey amps, but only rare can be compared with this M3 in performance, especially its CP value which I believe it is the best !
I am now very much satisfied with the performance of using it to drive my beloved Focus Audio FS788, which is demanding for high current driving power to sing. Also I am regreted that I had misunderstood NAD before, as I always thought that it was only renowned for producing economical items for so-so performance, I never expect this M3 has throughoutly changed my mind, it is so outstanding among the best no matter in the sound performance and build quality.

It absolutely worth you to try an audition if you want to buy a quality amp. I am sure I shall use it in my system for very long time to come, I can really sit down to enjoy the music and save a lot in money, thanks God !!

Submitted by Tim Zdrale a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2012

Bottom Line:
Fantasitic integrated amplifier! Powerful, built like a tank and beautiful to look at.
I have owned the M3 for two years and impressed with the reliability. You would have to spend twice the retail price to equal or exceed it's performance. I have the matching Nad M3 Universal M55 SACD/DVD player and a pair of Consonance Eric 3 speakers and haven't even looked at any other systems. I have had over the last 25 years in this hobby, many integrated and amp/pre-amp combinations and this is the best one hands down!
The build quality and technology in this amplfier is astounding!!

Submitted by clausbb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2011

Bottom Line:
den har lige den power som den skal have jeg kan ikke komme med noget dårligt

Submitted by J-B a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
I returned the first M3 I had, because of a faulty display. At that point I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay with NAD, because of all the negative comments about reliability the brand gets so I decided to go for another brand.

Got a musical fidelity M6i after that, but I quickly realised this was a big mistake.
Not that the M6i is a bad amp, but the M3 just smokes it.
The M3 is much more refined. It also has better midrange detail (especially the low-mid!) and a larger soundstage.
That's why I returned the MF and ordered a new NAD M3. It's a gem. At this pricepoint there's no better sounding integrated amplifier (for my taste ofcourse).

It powers my powerhungry dynaudio speakers effortlessly.
Too bad the price here in Europe is much higher than in the US, but it's still worth it.
It can compete with much more expensive amplifiers.

Submitted by Jochen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2011

Bottom Line:

Not that the M6i is a bad amp, but the M3 just smokes it.

It powers my powerhungry dynaudio speakers effortlessly.
It can compete with much more expensive amplifiers.