Mitsubishi HS-U430 VCRs

4-Head Hi-Fi Stereo VCR w/ Universal Remote

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
Average performance. I was a little disappointed by this product. Mitsubishi's electronics are getting worse by the year.

Submitted by Josiah Thorne a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased the HS-U430 from Cambridge SoundWorks for $230 last August. At the time, I thought it was the bee's knees. Over the last year, however, my view of the machine has been irreversibly dimmed. The A/V quality is great, but not appreciably better than most VCRs priced $80-$100 less. It also has quite a bit of static in the audio on most tapes. This may or may not be due to a defect in the tracking chip in my VCR, but that brings me to my next point. Mitsubishi's customer service is abominable. There is NO WAY to talk to a live person at their 800 number, or even an e-mail address. They have also stopped giving their "authorized service centers" technical manuals, so they can't help you either. Even if you can still find this VCR, don't buy it. Almost any Panasonic Hi-Fi VCR will match or surpass it in A/V quality(at a lower price), and their customer service far surpasses Mitsubishi's. Don't waste your time or money like I did.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile