Marantz VC 6001 5-disk Universal Changer Multiple DVD Players

A high quality five disk DVD Player /Changer that supports just about any disk media out there. This is a carousel version of the DV6001.

Submitted by upsetdog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2008

Bottom Line:
There is very little about info about this player on most of the review sites, so I took a chance and bought one. I had to replace my ailing Denon cd changer after years of faithful service. I've only had the Marantz up and running for about a day, so this is not a full review. But to those wondering if this deck is worth it, I say YES.
Right out of the box music was very clear and open with plenty of detail to boot.
Low level resolution was a little lacking, but that might show up as the player settles in. SACD and DVD-A sounded much more involving the my Denon 2900 with more energy in the music then I had been used to.
The only complaint I have so far is that this is the slowest changer I have ever seen. When skipping from disk to disk or having the player in random mode, the time it takes to go from one to the other could best be described as glacial. I mean species could evolve before the next disk loads. But when it does the wait doesn't seem that bad. I really have not checked out the video end except that the picture is much better then My old Denon. I'll post again when I have more.

Product model year:   2008