Yamaha YHT-540
Description: <ul> <li>2-Way Acoustic Suspension</li> <li>High Compliance Woofer</li> <li>1/2" Balanced Dome</li> <li>90Hz-50kHz Frequency Range</li> <li>Magnetic Shielding</li> <li>2-Way, 3 Drive Center Driver Speaker</li> </ul>

Submitted by gnwhite1201 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just got the unit so only a little bit for the moment.
All I can say is WOW. The soud coming from my Wharfdale Rubiance speakers is totally awsome. I think I am a yamaha freak now. The sound coming from my Panasonic DVD while playing audio on CDs is just astounding. Granted this is my first step into a decient receiver, but if you can understand where I come from (Sony HTIB)you would understand. I know there are better units out there, but for the money this unit rock. It has the lowest THD (.006) of most units out there in this price range and I think that is whats making my speakers sound so wounderful. Now the bad stuff. The remote does not control my cablebox, so I had to go out and get an All-in-One reomte. Problem solved. Come to think of it, this it! Crappy remote. I would have never guessed that my speakers could sound soo good! I have heard better, clean systems, but I dont think I am ready to spend over $800 bucks on a receiver. It has only 80 watts p/c but don't get hungup on that. for most rooms that are less than say 500sqf. You'll do fine. I would reccommend this unit to anyone looking to spend 500 or less. A nice goodie with this unit is that it'UpConverts' from Composite signal to S-Video and visa-versa. Very nice! did I mention how 'clean' it sounds!

Good Luck!