Sanyo DWM-4500 Home Theater in a Box

• Power Supply: 120V AC
  • Power Consumption: 76 W

Submitted by Evans a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2012

Bottom Line:
i really in love with the sanyo product and since i started using the DWM-4500 the sound in my room sound the best of home theater i ever used but my DVD prayer is not function any more and need to replace it, can any preson out there who can help me buy one should contact me on emarkuviah@yahoo.com

Submitted by GwenNBarrett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
The wireless speakers are great and sound good for the price range. The wireless feature was the selling point for me as I wasn't going to run wires and I have not been disappointed in that decision.
The volume response is slow. If you have a part of a movie that is two loud or low, the time to change volume is longer than I would like.
The picture quality is great.
I wish it would play more formats like .avi, .mpg, etc. I am not sure just what all it plays but I often try videos from my digital camera(s) and it won't recognize some. Actually I was searching for what file types it would play when I ran across this site to review it.
The display on the front of the player is a cool blue and looks nice. The styling is good and sound is really good. For the money, you won't be disappointed. You could spend twice the money and not get any better sound or picture.
Also, I have had mine about 2 years and played lot of movies. It will play for a long time. I almost the internal FM radio tuner. I tried it out when I first bought the unit and it works good and receives stations I didn't expect to be able to receive. I don't use it for radio but it is a definite plus.
I don't remember what price I paid but bought at WalMart and the price for the features was lower than other types with comparable features.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Don a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
Great, super product. I don't know why they stop manufacturing it. Maybe so that we can buy a more expensive one that's not as good as this one. Got it from Walmart in '07 for less than $200.00. Lost the module due to power surge. Looking to replace it with a used one. Then I'll have two rear wireless speakers!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by priest_tee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2008

Bottom Line:
bought this product on clearance at best buy. its more than id expected, ive had it for over a year, with daily use and its still rockin. loud clear sound, from the highs and the bass. recomend it to others if still, being made. ideal rear wireless speaker. oh yeah dvd player plays everything.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by cmdru a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is a great product - wish I could find another. Very stylish and is a great addition to any home. It looks and sound like the expensive systems but at less then half the price.

Purchased At:   Walmart