Polk Audio RM-DS1 Home Theater in a Box

4/5 (1 Reviews) MSRP : $2010.00

Introducing Polk's RM Digital Solution-1: a low-profile home theater system with component performance and incredible ease of operation! The RM Digital Solution-1 features a Dolby Digital preamp/processor (with AM/FM tuner), a 500-watt multichannel power amplifier (built into the subwoofer enclosure), five beautifully matched speakers, and a ground-shaking subwoofer. Add your TV and a DVD player and you've got everything you need for thrilling digital home theater.

Submitted by CJDATKO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I like separates in my sound system for numerous reasons, flexibility, better sound etc. However when looking for a home theatre unit I actually thought the decision through before I shopped. Meaning, the entertainment rig was going in my family room and be used by the wife and three kids ages 9-17. I picked the RMDS1 based on the sound naturally, the size of speakers and ease of use.

You can't believe how easy the unit is to operate. I didn't want to have to hit four swiches and make a bunch of settings each time it was used. Each input's preferred settings are remembered so no messing around is needed as to bass effect etc.

There are systems out there that I am sure sound better. For a couple thousand dollars I got a preamp, poweramp,AM/FM tuner, and 6 speakers. All matched by what generally is thought to be a solid manufacturer.

Purchased At:   Specialty Retailer