Onkyo LSV-900 Home Theater in a Box

4.57/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $1199.00

complete home theater package

Submitted by dinon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
The system rocks. I can'n beleive the system can do that much... much more than what I expected. I planned to take it home just to cpmpare it to the Sony system I had before, and I ended up return the Sony system to keep the Onkyo. To me, the Sony just is not in the same league. My friend has a Yamaha cost about $1200. He said mine is way better. He plan to have me bring in my system to his house to compare directly someday.
I love the look of the centrol unit. SO easy yo operate. The overall sound is just superb for teh price. It lacks a little bit of mid range. But, for hometheater it's just fine.

Purchased At:   Cirtcuit City

Submitted by Wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I didn't buy this for CD's and radio. How many people really think any of the home theatre packages do CD's well. NOT what it was designed for. I have listened to every home theatre package at Best Buy, Circuit City and a few others. This product HANDS DOWN blows them all away. I know, I paid too much but that's me because I wanted it now and if it was DOA, I could take it right back for another. Once I found out how to bring the sound levels up, it was great. Too bad everyone can't hear this one before they buy anything else!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Matt a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
We were looking for a DVD system that incorporated a CD player, receiver and speakers (including a sub-woofer). We in-store tested the Sony DAV-300 and a more expensive Panasonic unit: No comparison to the sound and picture quality of the Onkyo. Really. Enough so that we were convinced to spend the extra $300 on this system. And we made the right choice.

In sum, for an entry level DVD/CD/receiver for a room that is of moderate size (>14'X 20') and will be used as a primary sound source for radio, CDs, TV and DVD, I highly recommend this system.

N.B. If you go to a local store you may be able to work a discount, unlike at large chain stores like Circuit City, where they refused to work with us on the purchase of multiple items.

Purchased At:   The Superstore

Submitted by Dennis Mullis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am very happy with this unit and think it represents a real bargain for those on a limited budget or who want to
start fresh without the hassle of acquiring separates. The speakers are actually pretty musical and detailing of instrumental nuances is good for a budget system. The receiver/dvd unit has ample input/outputs for all the latest sources, such as Dolby 5.1 from a satellite broadcast, etc. The subwoofer is swell for moderate to small rooms,and CD listening is very pleasant, whether you choose conventional stereo with subwoofer or one of Onkyo's 5-channel surround modes.

Purchased At:   $780.00

Submitted by Kenei Suntarat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Probably the best home theatre package out in the market today. Don't bother to find anything better or to pay anymore than this system because Bose or any other brands such as sony don't offer anything as good as what Onkyo does. Make sure you couple it with a digital tv and you are all set!!

Obviously if you are looking for full control over everything and more power, you are probably better off buying separate components and speakers. This is definitely a space saver for people that need the space.

Purchased At:   Costco Wholesale