Onkyo LS-V925 Home Theater in a Box

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Envision this. Sensuality in design. A combination DVD player/receiver with plug-and-play operation, and stunning Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound. That''s the Envision Theater system by Onkyo. Right out of the box your Envision Theater system comes with everything you need: a digital surround receiver, state-of-the-art DVD player, five thin-profile, bass reflex satellite speakers, and a thundering powered subwoofer. All you have to add is a TV, yourself, and enjoy. Envision Theater from Onkyo is styled to fit your life, and your space. Envision one in your home.

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
UNBELIEVEABLE SOUND YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE
After I package up my Bose 3-2-1 system ANDMADE THEM PAY ME BACK MY $1000, I went looking for a real home theater system. After extensive research into customer reviews, I decided on the Onkyo 925. It is by far, the best money I ever invested.
The clear, crisp sound is unsurpassed. Pleanty of power to rattle everything in your house.
I cannot recommend it enough.... I would buy one for every room if my wife would let me!

Submitted by imelrichardk49 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
This product does everything. It is easy to assemble and has all the bells and whistles. The sound is out of this world. I highly recommend it. In fact I have bought a second one. It is that great!!!!

Purchased At:   H.H.Gregg

Submitted by David Kallan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
This was a great buy. I have an inwall entertainment center where space was limited, so I didn't have a lot of space for the large speakers, a receiver, and dvd player. This unit and speakers are small -- I saved about 8" in height alone.
The speaker quality is excellent. I listened to it at the store and was really impressed, and as you probably know from purchasing audio equipment in the past, it's hard to tell the difference sometime. I got it home, got all the speakers wired in and was thoroughly impressed with the sound quality and throughput.

Submitted by rbuckman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I originally went out to purchase a different system (Kenwood) in the $500 range, but after listening to the LS-V925 Envision Theater system, I was very impressed and immediately sold on this unit.
I wanted a quality system that is slim and compact where both the unit and speakers did not take up too much space and fit incospicuously in the room. This system certaintly fit the criteria and delivers incredible sound and video for all the units I listened to under $1000.
I was not very familiar with Onkyo products, but after doing further research and asking around in a few other places, I found that they have superior products.
At first, I thought that 30 watts per channel would not be enough power in our family room (16'x18'), but I was mistaken as the sound and theater quality is spectacular.
It has DTS and Dolby digital surround and Onkyo's own Theater Dimensional mode with five (5) different sound setting effects.
It also has 30 AM/FM radio presets and the remote controls my Panasonic 32" TV and the VCR too.
It has both component and S video outputs and loads of additional jacks for optical and video connections to upgrade over time. Also included is connections for another set of speakers too.
The Smart Speaker Configuration is easily adjustable to set each speaker location distance and volume (db) balance depending on the listeners' position.
In short, the Envision system delivers incredible audio and DVD.

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit to go with my new 36" XBR 450- what a great combo- I was looking for simplicity and affordability-I just didn't have the money to get the amp/dvd player/tuner, etc. that I really wanted, so I had to compromise if I wanted the XBR- As it turns out, I don't feel I compromised a bit. I first looked at the sony dream system but after direct comparisons, the Onkyo wins hands down in my opinion, especially in appearance and construction. Sound quality is very good, bass is more than adequate, with corner loading in my house Twister rattles everything in the room, including me. The tuner works well, as does the cd player. A major plus for me is the second set of speaker outs and the multiple inputs and outputs, allowing me to upgrade over time and still get much use out of the unit. Highly recommended.

TARA LABS: