Onkyo HT-S570 Home Theater in a Box

• Multiple inputs
  • AM/FM tuner

Submitted by Dana_McCann a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great system, very low price. I auditioned Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Kenwood etc, and none came close. This package has a stunning sound for the price and you are able to upgrade your speakers which will have an even geater effect, after break in time

Purchased At:   Fry's Electronics 20

Submitted by MilFromOz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
Unbelievable system for the price. Great sound and solid - I dropped 2 speakers 5 feet and worked like a charm. I am new to home theatre systems and was looking for a system around $400 to $500 but after reviewing Consumer Reports, visiting stores, discussion forums, and reviews.cnet.com, plus many others, I was exhausted! Bottom line I bought a ONKYO S570 system for $250 from Circuit City after they price matched Radio Shack. It's excellent. The surround sound is amazing. Don't inadvertantly press speaker B when you want surround sound - you'll spend forever wondering where you went wrong with your wiring. For the inexperienced knowing how to connect the cable, TV and receiver was most difficult. Bottom-line, put everything through the receiver as instructed. One other point, I found I could use my cable remote control to powr on/off the ONKYO and change the volume. So I do not really use the ONKYO remote except for custom settings.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Renlan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
Fist of all, Why the low price? I got lucky! Radio Shack has the exact same system with a different model # for $199 after a $50 rebate. So Circut City price matched it.
Outstanding sound and quality compared to anything else at this price range, and some systems a lot more expensive. The speakers are in wood boxes not cheap plastic like most in this price range. Plastic speakers just don't sound right. The power, sound,features and expandability of this system are outstanding. I looked on the internet comparing features and reviews of systems under $300 for days.Then when I went to the store to hear them I could not believe it. I felt like I wasted my time reading so much about any of the similar 'in a box' systems. They just don't come close.

Purchased At:   Circut City

Submitted by honda9002 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
Awesome sound at a great price. I was very impressed with the quality I got for such a reasonable price. Simple to set up. Great bass and excellent highs.

Purchased At:   Circuit City