Kenwood HTB-502 Home Theater in a Box

4.66/5 (44 Reviews)

Hometheater in a box

Submitted by Ryan Starliper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just getting into the game of home audio and I am very pleased with my first choice, the HTB-502. If you are a college student or someone with a tight budget then this is the system for you. Don't worry about it not sounding as good as the real expensive ones. It sounds amazing!!!! I have watching movies now more for the sound than the plot. It'll blow you away!!!

Purchased At:   49999

Submitted by Calvin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
If you are on a budget go and get it. I have nothing else to say no body else even comes close.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Shawn Fillet a

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
This system ROCKS! I can't tell you the number of times my wife has said, "turn it down!" DD/DTS sound so good. I run DVD and DSS through the system, and they both sound great. The cheap wires were quickly replaced with Monster cable, including the system connections. It made a huge difference! The sub rumbles the living room, (Top Gun). I'd recommend this system to anyone!

Submitted by Ronin Gundam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
based on the reviews, i decided to check out this system. i could only find the htb-503, so i hope this is the same "kick ass" model. please somebody tell me it is! anyways, i just ordered it and hope for the best. its for my girlfriend. she wants bang for the buck. this was the best thing i could find in this price range. i wanted to go for the take5 w/sub but then she would need to get a reciever and that would just put her over her limit. btw, how does this system compare to a general take5 sytem? i have a higher end system where my speaker cost more then this entire HTiB, but i hope that i will be impressed nonetheless.

Submitted by Melissa a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Talk about best bang for your buck. This system kicks wicked ass! After reading all of the great reviews on this system I just had to get one of my own. Having never heard true surround sound, hearing this system at the store pleasantly surprised me. I happened to get a sweet deal by slapping on some charm and got to walk home with this baby for $427 (ooh yeah, it pays to be a cute girl). Once you toss out the cheap packaged wire, this system will get the job done... and very nicely too! I was skeptical about the whole 'home theater' craze. But after purchasing the Toshiba TN50X81 RPTV and coupling it with this system, all skepticism flew out the window. Buy it and enjoy!

Wood Technology: