JVC TH-A5 Home Theater in a Box

• Powered Subwoofer 60 Watt Amplifier.
  • 35 watts x 5 min. (2 Front, 1 Center, 2 Rear speakers) RMS.
  • Play back of CD/DVD/CD-R/CD-RW/VCD/MP3.
  • Dolby Digital and DTS decoders built-in.
  • On-Screen Display.
  • Five Mode Digital Acoustic Processor (DAP).
  • AV COMPU LINK.
  • Easy Operation (Auto power on/Auto speaker setting).
  • DVD Functions: Resume, Angle List, Digest, Strobe, Zoom, and theatre Position for picture adjustment, OSD.
  • Aux Input.
  • Monitor Out: S-Video, Composite Video.
  • 8" Subwoofer.
  • Component Video Output.
  • Digital Tuner.
  • Full Function Remote.
  • Narrow profile speaker cabinet provides better imaging.
  • Easy connection and installation (Single wire connection/Color-coded speaker cables).

Submitted by Saif Vazquez a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is the first Home Theater I've owned, so I cannot say how well it compares to others. I am very pleased with this system. I've seen many movies with this system including Monsters INC. Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down, and it sounded awesome, especially Black Hawk Down. I myself use this system with my Xbox to play with games supporting DD surround sound. Here too it sounds great with such games as Dead to Rights, Halo and Enclave. It's DVD's capabilities are pretty much the same as other dvd players I've encountered with. Overall I am extremely pleased and 5.1 surroud DTS and DD it is very immersing for both gaming amd movie viewing. With this system you can also listen to FM and AM radio stations. The only problem I've had with this system was the remote which its main buttons(FF,Rewind,Play etc.) were not working, but I soon discovered that all I had to do was press -VCR Control- off, since with this control you can control a JVC VCR and TV. It was set to VCR and not the dvd player, so I must've accidently turned on it on to VCR.

Purchased At:   PX

Submitted by Kelvin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
The system sounds pretty good, but I have had to return one unit because of problems with the remote control. I now am having problems with the second system's remote.

MS 1400W: