Harman Kardon CP15 Home Theater in a Box

• Powerful surround sound
  • Surround sound receiver

Submitted by Rock789 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
I auditioned this set for my parents who were looking for a decent home theater system while keeping the speakers to a small size and keeping the price ~$500...
I listened to this at the store and brought one home with me. I reviewed at home with music (classical and rock), and movies (U-571 and DrumLine).

I found the speakers to perform very nicely being as small as they were, however they were a bit bright with most music, although I thought the sub blended nicely on the low end.
for movies, I found U-571 sounded very nice for a small system, as did DrumLine for the most part... towards the end ofDrumLine during the bass drum rift cadence, I can hear the different bass drums around the room with my focal jm labs, whereas these smaller speakers did not provide the lower frequencies to pinpoint the locations of the bass drums... the sounds were still present, only totally supplied by the sub...

this system compared to most other small systems I I've seen/heard, this is for sure the best for the money, but if you want quality sound, I would suggest go with larger speakers... at least bookshelf size... (check around the forum if you need ideas)

Purchased At:   Circuit City