Bose Lifestyle 50 Home Theater in a Box

3.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $2600.00

A rack of conventional components is replaced with a Personal music center smaller than a videotape. Instead of room-filling loudspeaker cabinets, you see only tiny Jewel Cube speakers no bigger than your computer mouse. A hideaway Acoustimass module delivers full, deep bass for movies and music. And the rest of the system including AM/FM tuner, 6-CD changer and the cables and connections for up to four rooms hides completely out of sight.

Submitted by Ron Barry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Having flirted with Bose and B&O multi-room systems in the past, I was prepared to be disappointed. Boy, was I wrong. The Lifestyle 50 not only provided the easy out-of-box experience I expected, but once installed, delivers much better performance than I could have hoped for.

Bose's tendency to market itself as an unconventional approach sets you up to expect an awkward sound. But all I've experienced (on everything ranging from movies to Tool to Gershwin) is outstanding clarity, punch and roundness. There are certainly "louder" and "more accurate" systems out there. But there is nothing else anywhere near this price point and level of utility that any of my audiophile-engineer friends have been able to show me.

On top of all that, the ability to seamlessly control multiple audio sources across multiple rooms with a user-friendly remote opens up a whole new world.

Purchased At:   vanns.com

Submitted by Dagfinn Stava a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I decided to get a Bose after experienced the demo-cinema at the local Bose store.
I taught the sound was awesome, and the size and design was appealing to me, so I bought a LS 50.
The surround-sound is really good, but I don’t like the stereo-sound quality; I miss the midrange.
I was fooled by the music they play at the Bose store. There is a classical-music CD with the system, and the system sounds awesome, -BUT put on a pop/rock CD and get disappointed. I contacted Bose and they recomended me to try the LS 35.
The 35 has new technology and the AdaptIQ which makes "all the different".
Well, I'll try, but if the 35 sound the same as the 50, I’ll buy Bang Olufsen, (it's a bit more $, but then you get quality)

Purchased At:   Bose store

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
This system sounds nothing like my parents home system. In the store it sounded great, but I am not happy with it at all. It is underpowered and when watching a DVD it is hard to understand some of the softer dialogue. The words are muddled and echoy. For music it sounds OK. At my parents house, I enjoy listening to movies clearly to a Marantz receiver through a set of Paradigm speakers. If I had a little extra money, I would certainly upgrade!!!

Purchased At:   bose store in mall

Submitted by Eric Smith a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think that this is the ultimate home theater system!!! People look at this think and probaly think, Well over $3,000 for a system that it this small? BUT, when you turn this up, it will simply blow you away!!!! This is the best way to go if you want the absolute best home theater.

Purchased At:   don't own