Toshiba SD2800 DVD Players

2.96/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $149.99

Single Disc DVD Player with MP3 Playback

Submitted by pappekak a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
First player I received had the power cord severed off. Power cord on second was in one piece but the player has problems reading most DVDs I check out from the library. Locks up playing one of my new DVDs. Reverse button on remote sometimes triggers unit to go into FF mode.

I didn't pay for mine but it is still frustrating to use. Don't waste your money on this one...

Submitted by Rainwalker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought Toshiba because of the zoom feature and must say it worked fine. The problem is quality, or lack of it, in the color module. One month after the extended warrenty expired, the color gave out and the unit only plays in black and white. I would not buy Toshiba again.

Purchased At:   Video Only - Portlan

Submitted by Brad Kizer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I started out being very impressed with the price performance ratio of this player. However it recently started doing the "freeze frame" thing and now it no longer plays cds or dvds. I presently have the same "DISC ERROR" problem mentioned by previous reviewers. *I purchased this player because Toshiba made an outstanding vcr with excellent audio. However, it appears they dropped the ball on this one. Without the above problems I would have easily given it 5 stars but under the present circumstances 2 stars is the best I can offer.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Rogowo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had this player for about 3 weeks. Until 2 weeks ago everything worked fine, everything changed. One day I was wathing a VCD recorded on a CD-RW, the plzyer froze, and now it will not play any CD-RW disks. Another funny thing that a week ago the player stoped recognizing original audio cd (from a store). Every time I put a audio cd or and CD-RW I will get a message "DISK ERROR". However the player plays CD-R that I burned on my pc.
I have this player for sale, at 35$ (comes with box, remote, cables and manual). Email me I you are interested
ROGOWO1@AOL.Com

Submitted by jsproul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a decent player for the money. The audio quality is excellent. It's not great at dealing with scratched discs, but the layer transition time is okay (about 1 second). The user interface is pretty simple, and I had no problem capturing the remote control signals with my Onkyo remote. Overall it's pretty similar to the Panasonic DVD-RV32K.

Used extensively with Panasonic Tau 27" standard TV, Onkyo TX-SR700 and Paradigm/Hsu Research 5.1 system.

Purchased At:   Best Buy