TEAC DV-10D DVD Players

• Remote Control
  • Silver Finish

Submitted by Jared Hitchcock a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
Picked up this DVD player thinking that it might be a great deal, guess what, it was a steal. Having thought that I might need to get a CD player from the likes of Cambridge Audio, NAD, or even Rotel, to get something that I would be able to stand to listen to CDs, I figured that I might give this a try. Not quiet as dynamic as the Rotel, but definitly quite listenable through the coaxial output. I have not had an opportunity to try a DVD audio disk yet, but clarity of DVDs through the unit it much better than the XBOX system with optical digital that I was using before. I always figured that I could return it if I wasn't satisfied, but so far, the picture is fantastic through S-Video. The sound is fabulous as well, although not quite on par with a mid-fi CD player. It still tends to be a tad bit forward sounding with the vocals. Will see if it sounds better after breaking in further, although I think that is burning in of electronics is a load of crap. Speakers on the other hand are a very different story.

Purchased At:   Overstock