Samsung DVD-P701 DVD Players

Submitted by bradsechrist a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Decent player with a lot of features that was the cheapest progressive scan player I could find at the time I bought it. It has pretty decent picture quality, but to tell you the truth, neither my wife nor myself could tell a difference between this progressive scan player running at 480P or our old Toshiba 5109 running at 480i. Another quirk I've found is that when navigating to another menu or skipping forward or back a track in a movie, I will lose the audio connection to my Denon 2801 receiver. I have to hit the DVD input button on the receiver or the Dolby surround button to get it to come back. I never had this problem with my old Toshiba using the same receiver. Another issue is with MP3 playback. Sometimes it just skips to the next track halfway through a song. If all you want to do is stick a movie in and play it from beginning to end, this player will do fine, but so should any other much cheaper player as well. If I had it to do over again, I would have just stuck with my Toshiba and saved 200 bucks, no problems and dual disk tray.

Purchased At:   etronics