Samsung DVD-611
Description: Single disc DVD player with Dolby Digital - 10 bit video DAC - 96 kHz/24 bit audio DAC - Optical, Coaxial and Analog audio outputs - Composite, Component and S-Video outputs

Submitted by Vitali a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
Hallo!

Nach dem ich hier schon mal ein Statement abgegeben habe, möchte ich mich nochmal zu diesem DVD Player Samsung DVD-611 äußern. Nun ja auch nach 7 Jahren läft er noch ohne Probleme. Ob DVD+/-R MP3 CDR alles kein Thema. Blu-Ray nimmt er natürlich nicht muß aber auch nicht sein, ich bin zufreieden mit dem was Leistet.

Gruss
Vitali

Submitted by generic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think I spent my $10.50 wisely. Where in the frickin world can you get a DVD player (which works fine, btw) for $10.50 other than eBay? I don't have the "no disc" virus yet, but I hope it doesn't surface. (Knocking on wood.) Didn't come with remote, but a universal remote fixes that. I connected this thing to a Yamaha htr-5240 receiver, Signet 260b/u's and Infinity US-1 as A and B mains, an Infinity BU-1 subwoofer and Yamaha surrounds. Sounds decent enough. It even has DTS capability. I bought this player as a backup DVD to my Panasonic because the Panasonic wouldn't play my backups. The backups work fine on the Samsung. There's a region hack that's available on the internet as well...hehehe.

Submitted by Alexandria ZIMMERLY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
It was horrible do not buy it !!!!!

Purchased At:   walmart

Submitted by Roger Thorn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
My wife and received this unit as a gift.
It has worked pretty good...just a few skips per movie..However,it has started to act up! Harry Potter is a mess.Skips,
picture freezes while the sound continues.There is some artifacting on
all movies,nothing disturbing except with Harry Potter.I'm not sure how much
of the movie I missed because of this
player.I just ordered a Pioneer to replace this.The Samsung is exhibiting strange anomalies the more I use it.

Purchased At:   It was a gift

Submitted by Cody Orr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have had very few problems with this play. Yes it freezes every once and a while but those problems are hardly noticeable. It also stops working for a while if it gets really hot like when I play two movies back to back. The only problem I have with this POS machine is that it won't play the entire Lord of the Rings movie. It will get to a random spot about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through the movie and then the video will start skipping and jumping. Not even pausing and playing again fixes it. I tested the DVD on PS2 to be sure it wasn't defective. It started on the PS2 but a quick pause and start fixes that so FU Samsung.