RCA DRC350N
Description: RCA Progressive Scan DVD Player - DRC350N/ Digital Photoview/ MP3 Decoder/ Plays DVD, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, DVD-RW, MP3/ Virtual Surround/ Optical And Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs/ Component Video Output/ Universal Remote Control

Submitted by Thomas a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've used this DVD player for a while now with a 5.1 THX certified sound system. I couldn't be happier. As far as the reviewer who complained of the choppy audio on DTS selections, I'd suggest you get your player into a shop to get fixed. I agree that the remote that comes with the player leaves much to be desired, but my RCA HDTV has a great DVD interface, so I don't mind a bit! The sound and picture are the best and the price was great!

Purchased At:   ABC Warehouse

Submitted by preatis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Big problem for a good product. You can not use the Pro-Scan with DTS. Picture looks great-- sound is great-- but when you attempt to use both (DTS & PROSCAN) the sound is very choppy.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
The rca DRC350N is a respectible DVD player. It plays many/all formats DVD,CD, CDR, CDRW, VCD, SVCD, MP3, JPEG, Fantastic. I find the picture quality is fantastic. I am only using the Composite Cables for video and the optic for sound. This player has a few nice features and I love the option of progressive Scan...will come in handy when I upgrade my TV. The remote looks pretty ugly and is not 100% effective at times. but this is not a 500.00 DVD player. Over all I rate this player as folows:

Picture: 8/10
sound: 8/10
features: 6/10
looks: 7/10
Price: 9/10

Overall I give this player about a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Great buy for your buck!

Purchased At:   Walmart, canada