Proscan PS8675P DVD Players

Submitted by smokingarthur a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
BOTTOM LINE: This Proscan, believe it or not.Delivers superior picture and sound quality as compared with my $1000 Denon. The colors are very warm and real. The sound is crisp and very unmechanical like my Sony and my Denon. TRUST ME!!! If you are looking for a GREAT picture and good sound and you can if you can find this for under $150, buy it. IT LOOKS THAT GOOD!!!

Purchased At:   6th Ave Electronics

Submitted by Brandon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Good DVD Player to use for movie viewing and with the beating it's taken from being used 6 out of 7 nights a week, surprisingly it still has the same quality as when I bought it and still to this day I have yet to clean the lense, but other than that I do not like it. It does not do everything you can get out of a $100 KLH DVD-Player. I will only recommend this DVD Player to people I do not like or have the money to waste on a second one. Now if anybody has any suggestions as to why I should have two DVD Players hooked up to one television please let me know. As for now I think you can see where the bargain is.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Joseph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
After waiting for what seemed a lifetime, I decided to go out and buy a DVD player. I had reviewed a bunch and decided to go with the Sony. I was so disappointed that I quit playing with it after about three days and took it back. I then got the proscan. This player slam dunked the sony and I couldn't quit messin with it. It even plays CD's backwards! The GUI is wonderful, complete with a glossary and more options than some people know what to do with. The sound and picture is excellent and the remote is wonderfully easy to use even without looking for buttons in the dark room (part of it is backlit too). I really have no complaints other than it takes a couple seconds to get to the next song on a CD, but I have a CD player that also plays CDR's. I was extremely surprised to see high quality cables (S vid included) which I am sure help with the quality of the pic and sound tremendously. Gold plating is nice to have too. The samsung was actually better than the Sony in my opinion...it had more options but was a little harder to operate the funky remote. I had this one at the same time as the RCA and took it back after 2 days. I have to give the RCA a 5 due to it's excellent sound and picture quality, along with ease of use, GUI, and remote.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Josh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I really have enjoyed this DVD player. It is excellent both video and sound. A surprise that it sounds better than my JVC CD player! A great, great value.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Scott Nalick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am a beginner in the DVD world. For about 2 months I looked throughought the internet, countless electronic stores and I ended up with the Proscan. The appearance looks really cool, I love the design and silver cover. It doesnt look like ur everyday DVD player.

Perfect for beginners, it wont dissapoint. It is very easy to use, took me about an hour to figure it all out. I played the Matrix all the way through and it worked like a charm. (currently my only DVD)

Picked it up in Circuit City about a week ago $265, a great purchase for me, to go along with my new infinity speaker system, and Sony 835 receiver, this system kicks some serious a$$ for around $1200 altogether.

This is surprising but I only have a 20 inch hooked up to it right now, and it still kicks. I was worried it wouldnt be quite that good but thankfully I was wrong.

High End: