Panasonic DVD-F65K DVD Players

• More than 500 lines Horizontal Resolution
  • 5-Disc Front-Loading Rotary Changer
  • Play 1 Disc, Change 4 Discs
  • Sequential CD Playback
  • DVD-Audio (2-channel only), DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, Video CD, CD, CD-R/CD-RW Playback
  • MP3 Playback Capability
  • 4:3 Shrink Function w/ Letterbox Zoom & Shift
  • Variable Zoom

Submitted by kfilly a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
A decent 5 disc DVD player. Picture and sound quality are pretty good. Manual was difficult to follow. DVD player takes a long time to read a disc. Remote is average (Not backlit).

Purchased At:   Wal-Mart

Submitted by budda bob harris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I owned this DVD changer for about a year and have had no problems with it. I got it for the bedroom stereo where it mostly played CDs. Some functions were not too logical or user friendly but it will play most any round shiny thing you've got. I needed to play CD-Rs and it hasnt had any problems there. For the money it seems to be a good buy, mine works fine.

Purchased At:   etronics

Submitted by lgrac1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Writing a review for any DVDP seems to be a challange. Looking at the rates of these things and comments makes anyone wary of buying any of them.

I own a Panny SA-XR45 Digital Receiver and was looking for something that is going to sync right with it.I was oringinally going to buy a Universal player,but after considering that I have not started a SACD collection or DVD-A collection I may as well just get a machine that could do DVD's well and wait till the dust settles and prices come down.

I have not had the machine long ,but I like it thus far for convenience and synergy with the Panny receiver.I own a Samsung 27" TV so Progressive scan does not really come into play for myself.

One test I did or noticed was WHITES.If a screen and player are not a good match you will not see good whites displayed .They will tend to run.They did not when viewing "ENDURANCE"which is a documentary about the Antartic exploraation by the Brit explorer Shackley in 1909. If WHITEs are going to run then they would using that tape I think.

I have a big Redbook CD collection and there are no complaints there.There have been no negatives thus far ,but I have not owned it long enough for a breakdown.

Like I said for convenience I like the playback.I use a Phillips CD-80 for Redbook CD's for reference.

If any problems occur I shall post a follow-up ,but at this point I think using it with the Panny receiver for under $500 is a great bargain in audio at present.

I only used a 4 because it is so early in use and the instruction booklets Panny put out suck! I also do not have enough experience using DVDP's for a real entailed review.

No complaints here!

Purchased At:   BB

Submitted by ron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
thought i was improving by purchasing a panasonic (wrong) progressive scan this just maybe this unit but i don`t think so.i`m selling this unit at a lose to purchase the toshiba 4900 after a week the door started to stick,my toshiba is 2 years old and never had a problem.

Premier Mounts: