Panasonic DVD A360 DVD Players

4.64/5 (11 Reviews)

DVD player with Dolby Digital and DTS decoders built in.

Submitted by Allen Carey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
Review is for A-160
My TV has never looked or sounded so good! Bought this (after loads of research) on price at the end of the day - nearest rival for my dollars was US$150 more (it was heavily discontinued & are clearing). Wonderful picture quality - no noticeable pixilation, no wobbly image edges, deep colours solid etc. Unit sounds superb, in particular the bass end with the TV's sub woofer switched in. CD player too revivals the quality of my faithful 7 year old Tosiba player. Minor negatives, nastish remote (everything too small), welcome to...etc and lack of connection options.
A really good all round performer, though not that well reviewed in press (don't take any notice). So, if you are after a no frills device, it is a steal at this price so be quick!

Purchased At:   Noel Leeming

Submitted by Torben Augustenborg a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
A absolute safe buy.

Purchased At:   MegaFona - Denmark

Submitted by MaX a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
DVD A360 is my first DVD player. My player is modified so it can play all regions but the modification was expensive. Until now I had no problems with DVD discs and didn't notice any glitches. Player has excelent picture and sound quality, vibrant colours and is easy to use. Setting it up was very easy and I had to consult manual only a few times. On screen menu is excelent and has a lot of picture and sound adjustment options. Remote control is excellent and nicely laid out. Only thing is that borring "Welcome to DVD" massage which can't be bypassed. This is a very small thing compared to all good features of this player. I can recomend it to everyone who needs DTS&DD decoders built in a DVD player.

Submitted by Michael Chappell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm VERY happy with this player. It has all of the features I want at a very competitive price. My player has been modified so that it's multi-region and it has played every disc that I've put in it, even the so called "problem discs".

The picture it delivers is very good, at least as good as anything else I've seen. The internal decoding works beautifully, I can detect no differences between my receiver and the player when listening to Dolby Digital disc. I've not been able to compare the DTS decoding but it sounds great to me! It also decodes MPEG!

It was easy to setup with very clear menus although, the speaker delay settings could be better. They work fine but aren't as clear as the ones on my receiver.

The remote is well thought out and fits into my hand in a natural way. It's certainly better than the Sony and Yamaha remotes that I've used in the past.

Submitted by WhoCares a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I can recommend this player to every movie-enthusiast out there, it can easily compete with the best players on the market!

Way to go Panasonic!