Panasonic DVD A105 DVD Players

The DVD-A105 is equipped with the LSI chip that consolidates several video processing functions including MPEG2 video decoder and video DAC (digital to analog converter) enhancing performance and reliability. Virtual Surround Sound, an exclusive Panasonic technology, allows you to enjoy the sounds of a movie encoded with a Dolby Digital soundtrack, even without an elaborate home theater system. Panasonic's dual-focus optical pickup can read both DVDs and CDs/Video CDs using a single red laser. A simple yet innovative system further assures reliable performance and long-term dependability.

Submitted by Big Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit in August of 1999, and if I'd waited a few months could have got it for at least $50 less. So I don't feel that I got great value. That said, it puts out a nice clear picture and has given me no problems ... unlike the infamous A110, which you can read about elsewhere on this site. Occasionally, a beat-up disc will cause it to freeze, but only for a fraction of a second. My only complaint is with the remote control, which is very poorly designed and hard to use ... one of the worst I've ever encountered. With a good remote, this would merit 4 stars, but I'm only giving it 3 because of the crappy remote!

Purchased At:   uBid