Oritron DVD-100 DVD Players

1.55/5 (124 Reviews) MSRP : $139.00

Budget priced DVD player

Submitted by alsyl a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I received this DVD player as a gift for joining Earthlink. Needless to say I thought I was getting a great deal. Bull.... The on/off button does not work, the DVDs get stuck, the DVD does not show on the television and there are more that I can even phathom.

Purchased At:   From Earthlink

Submitted by Janella a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was happy that i received a DVD as a gift. It was playing very well for a year and some months. One weekend I put in a DVD to watch. It started to get stuck in one place (froze.) Then after that I just stopped. The menu stucks. They should take this off the market. I am glad I didn't have to pay for it. Now it's in the trash.

Purchased At:   by a friend

Submitted by August a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this and never liked the features exept for its simplitiy. One of the CHIPS on the inside blew up. BLEW UP I tell you. I opened it up because I wasn't going to even try to contact them and return it or even try to spend a fortune to get it repaired and decided to explore ( WHAT THE HECK! ) that 's when this mysterious piece fell out and I could read numbers on it then I searched the board until I saw the chip with a dark burn around it and part of the numbers and words on it. I was out of town and I thank GOD that my house didnt burn down. I Hate this junk. and I am ashamed to say I wih I could fix it.

Purchased At:   Walmart

Submitted by -gargamel- a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am laughing as I write this review. The Oritron is junk. The thing has a mind of its own...it won't turn off...it won't stop...fast forward is slow as molasses in the winter, it won't eject, the on/off button is useless...I can't even tell when it is on and when it is off. Sometimes it plays, sometimes is doesn't. Very strange...subtitles and angles don't work either for me.
But it's still 10x better than my Sony S560D!

Mine finally bit the dust when I accidently put a DVD on top of a DVD that was already in the tray..believe it or not the tray went in, it tried to play and after destroying both DVDs it burned itself out. LOL big loss

Oh, my friend got the DVD650 model - SAME problems...warning, avoid these...get something else...pretty much everything is crap these days - just choose one and hope for the best.

Purchased At:   Target

Submitted by Dan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is the most horrible machine ever invented. It can't play anything but DVDs (no VCDs, etc).... wait, it can't do that either. When it plays DVDs it distorts the video contrast constantly and it never seems to sync the audio perfectly with the video. It is a complete waste.

Purchased At:   The Wiz