Onkyo DV-CP704 DVD Player
Description: A great way to complement a home theater playback component with multiple disc format capabilities is to give it extended playback capabilities and superior signal processing. Also, anything as good-looking as the DV-CP704 HDMI DVD/CD/MP3 6-disc changer is going to be welcome in any home or as part of any system. It will take charge of DVD-Video and MP3-/WMA-/HD JPEG-enabled discs all for output via HDMI (on top of digital, component, S-Video outputs) to compatible HDTV displays and receivers. Also, with the inclusion of Onkyo’s Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) and Direct Digital Path, the emphasis is on delivering an audio signal without the noise that plagues other poorly built playback components. With easy operation and simple integration, the DV-CP704 is a sophisticated addition to any home theater system.

Submitted by S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
This was my first DVD player as part of the home theatre set. This DVD is awful. Stay away from Onkyo.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Gregavi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased this Onkyo refurbished 6 disc DVD changer as a replacement for my Sony 5 disc CD changer because I wanted to combine my DVD and CD players into one unit, and I wanted at least 1080i upconversion. I sold my Sony CD changer and I'm sorry I did. The picture using HDMI and Component output to my Samsung 50" 1080p DLP display is almost unwatchable. I am sending this unit back and I ordered the new OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player from Amazon.
The picture on the Onkyo is very grainy and not sharp at all. I believe this unit is defective and even though it is refurbished by Onkyo and Amazon did offer a replacement, I decided to go with the highly regarded Oppo single disc player. Another complaint I have with this changer is the time it takes to change from one disc to another in Party (Shuffle) mode. I counted about 22 seconds. That's unacceptable. My old Sony took less than half the time. It is a nice unit though other than the 2 negatives I mentioned. If I had not received a defective unit, I probably would be keeping it. A blessing in disguise? We’ll see.

Purchased At:   Amazon