McIntosh Multiplayer MVP871 DVD Players

3.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $5000.00

Multiplayer
CD, DVD, DVD Audio, SACD, MP3, DivX, HDCD, etc.
HDMI, 1080
Balanced and Unbalanced Outputs for Audio Stereo
6 Unbalanced Audio Outputs for DVD Audio and SACD
Coaxial and Optical Digtal Audio Output
2 Lasser to read Pictures and 4 for CD

Submitted by Tito Zenteno a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
Equipo muy bueno pero el servicio es de lo peor, llevo casi 6 años tratando de encontrar a alguien que lo repare ya que los de Mc se niegan, quieren que compre otro, por esta razon JAMAS compraria otra cosa de Mc

Submitted by glnagrom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
This thing is for real. After reading numerous reviews comparing this dvd/cdp favorably to the gold standard MCD/MDA1000 combo, I decided it was time to retire the MVP831 I had enjoyed for the past several years and upgrade to the MVP 871. I have not been disappointed. Although this is not a MCD/MDA 1000, I agree with the reviewers that say it gets about 95% there. Simply put, it is the by far the best stand alone CDP I have heard--period. Plus, it does an amazing job with video as a bonus. Standard dvd play will rival the performance of mid level blu-ray players. I did however, encounter one curiosity. My Sony XRB-6 displayed richer colors and better saturation using the s-video rather than the hdmi port. I did not try component video. In any event, do not assume that you will gain the best results from going hdmi. It isn't necessarily so. Sonically, do not expect to beat this player without spending MUCH more money. There is nothing I have heard under 10K that can touch it.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by tito a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
Is a good equipment, the soud is excellent in the 5 types, CD Stereo, SACD Stereo, SACD Multichanel, DVD Audio Multichanel and Sound on Pictures, I do not have screen LCD reason why I cannot say of the quality of video in 1080, but in is greath in 480 ( my proyector only send 480 ).
I have only 1 disc to not read it is one on the concert of Genesis Seconds Out, I had to copy it in one new one to be able to listen to it and not to that it must, one is not bordered nor dirty. Something that has happened to me is that when clean a CD this begins to fail, this I pass with the SACD of Tommy The Who to me and I had to go to change it to the store and there if I am listened to well.
But the truth I am very satisfied and contented with it.

PANAMAX: