Marantz DV7600 DVD Players

• Built-In 10-Bit processing Scaler
  • 216MHz/12Bit Video DAC

Submitted by stockcontrol a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
Ive always trusted the reviews that others have left on this site and what the experts say and im glad i did on the one. I bought it without checking it our at all. The reason i made the purchase cause i wasnt happy with the quality of my image from my Sanyo Z3 projector using my older Pioneer DVD player. I knew the projector had more to offer.
Adding this DVD player totally changed it to the point where it would make all those people who say all DVD players are the same would change their point of view. This has saved me from a potential big spending spree on a new projector.
Im not that good at describing how its better. Lets just say it does everything better. Colour, sharpness, contrast, progressive scan. The lot.
As for audio i use the digital out so i really dont know how it goes on that front. My reciever does all the work there.

Purchased At:   sydney

Submitted by marantz 7600 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
half the recommended retail price i got it for,big special at simpy hifi.
great build quality of product.video and sound are great as a standard unit
then i had it tweaked by customanalogue.now it became a audiophile player
$1500 for conversion.i will compare to any cd player 10 times it original price without hesitation.remove marantz feet and replace with herbies audio tender feet
you will need good quality hdmi cable for video and top class interconnects.

Purchased At:   simply hifi

Submitted by Tweeter a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have owned this model for ten months now and overall, given it’s many strengths, and some weaknesses, I am still pleased with it. The sound and picture quality has been and still is spectacular to experience.
Three years ago I was interested in the Marantz DVD 8400 but was put off by the high cost and limited bass management capabilities. So I settled for a Denon DVD2900, which had better bass management capabilities and decent sound quality but lacked the sonic clarity of the Marantz. When I came across this unit at a local dealer, I was pleased to learn that this model had improved bass management capabilities, Marantz’s HDAM’s (HQ analog audio output amplifiers), and a comfortable price point half of the top of the line DVD9600 and previous DVD8400. I auditioned it at home for the weekend and was pleased with the sound quality improvement over the Denon. The details of instruments were clearer, vocals were richer, overall tone was warmer, and soundstage was expanded and transparent. I was also surprised that the picture quality was far superior to the Denon. Playing regular DVD’s thru the component output looked closer to the picture quality I get from my HD cable receiver with rich colors, good contrast, almost “film like” quality with less digital artifacts than the Denon or any DVD player I have ever had.
Others have commented on the heat issue, and I have to say that when I remove discs from the unit after playing 30 minutes of more, they are very warm to the touch. I haven’t experienced any read errors as a result, but the unit could use better ventilation.

Purchased At:   Local Retailer

Submitted by Bob a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
Picture and sound quality are absolutely superb even using component output jacks. This is a very well built DVD player. The manual and the remote control are very easy to understand and the lay out of the remote is the best that I have ever used. I am really impressed with the picture and sound quality that the Marantz DV7600 player produces. It's absolutely 1st rate. I am really happy that I bought it.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Bruce a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
The Marantz Model DV7600 is proving to be one of the most exceptionable DVD players that I have ever used. It performs outstandingly using its component jacks, 5.1 output jacks and HDMI jack. The picture quality and sound quality is absolutely superb. As for the build construction, it’s excellent. Very solidly built and I have tried out many other DVD players. A few of them cost around $2,000 and I can easily say that this Marantz DV7600 puts them all to shame. The sound from this player simply blows away other DVD players that I’ve tried completely away. It’s definitely not slightly an above average DVD player. IT’S WAY ABOVE AVERAGE. As for the instruction manual-it’s very well written and I don’t have any problems understanding it. In-fact, it’s one of the best manuals that I have read. I am very happy that I have purchased it. My receiver isn’t a $198.00 Home Theater special that’s crap. This Marantz DVD player deserves to be used on a GOOD Home Theater Receiver that’s clean and can handle the very advanced features that this player has. I can honestly say, after sending or taking back, 11 DVD players that I had purchased because I could not buy a player that functioned properly in BOTH sound quality and picture quality UNTIL NOW. I’m definitely keeping this Marantz DV7600 DVD player. It’s OUTSTATANDING in both picture quality and sound quality. I finally have purchased a DVD Player that I’m ACTUALLY going to KEEP!!!!

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Marantz DV7600

Does anybody have a review to share on the Marantz DV7600 there weren't any reviews. ThanksRead More »

High End: