JVC XV-FA900BK DVD Players

DVD Video, CD Video, DVD Audio, CD Audio and CDR/W Player, Progressive Scan, Built-in Dolby Digital and DTS, 7 Disc changer - Black

Submitted by cndtnbest a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
So far the above reviews are right on the money. This player is an INCREDIBLE value. Everything except the plastic "petals" in the carousel seems to be well built (gold plated rca jacks etc.) I would easily choose this again if I found myself in the market and on a budget. Where else are you going to find a changer that's DVD Audio compatible for this kind of price. And on top of the content, it's bulletproof as far as reliability (so far). My only complaints are the alarmingly loud noises it makes when changing a DVD and the orange lights indicating that a disc is in. As if it's not bad enough that they're orange, they blink when the indicated disc is playing (momentarily distracting in a darkened room)I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars

Submitted by kiko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
this is my second JVC DVD and I love it
the best player in its price range compared to other brands. plays all media I put it there PAL/NTSC.My european DVD's(pal) plays fine with my NTSC TV. excellent A+

Purchased At:   good guys

Submitted by jamowen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
If you want a DVD carousel player just to play DVD's then this player is okay. If you want a carousel player to play music as well, DO NOT BUY this product! The built quality is terrible. The carousel is incredibly clunky and loud. JVC came up with a strange design of cheap plastic to fit seven discs in this thing. It will NOT play discs in random mode between discs... only random on a single disk. It also will NOT play half of the MP3's on CD and will NOT play the MP3's in random mode either.

Purchased At:   buydig.com

Submitted by theshrems a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
great product,everything i expected

Purchased At:   502

Submitted by DrAnsiFL a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit at Best Buy, which may be my only bad choice. If you EVER buy from them, do NOT get the warranty. I use to buy products from them all the time and of the 3 warranties I bought, I never had a problem that they actually helped.

This unit has a nice build to it and doesn't feel to cheap. The remote is a little lacking in that only a few of the buttons glow from absorbed light. It does allow you to program for the TV so that's a bonus. The styling is pretty cool with the silvery coating on the display, but it does make reading it hard except at night or during an eclipse. The 7 disk feature is nice as well, but as I've seen stated before, the moving of the plates is kind of loud, but brief and easy to forgive. You got two extra CD/DVD's to leave in there!

I have not had the player long enough to say if it is reliable, but I've had no problems as of yet. The picture is very nice and the addition of DVD Audio, JPEG viewing, MP3 playing and the progressive scan all make for a nice group of features. My extensive tests say the picture looks good on by (brag alert!) 61 inch Samsung DLP Tanus Widescreen. If you can keep a crisp picture on 61 inches you're gonna be fine! I would suggest this to anyone looking for a sub 200.00 multi-disk player. Seems like the few shortfalls are minor and compared to spending a lot more for differences you won't notice I'd rather blow $150 on a level two Monster Surge Protector...oh wait, I did! (Brag alert over).

;)