JVC XV-D2000GD DVD Players

3.3/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by Jonny a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Every one always expects these type of things to do everthing. It is a machine, It will break down after a while unless u play basketball with it. Another thing is: All cd based components will skip. But they only skip alot if you're a fatass bouncing around like a blob. Just be patient ,relax, take the time to play around with the features and you'll get it. But if you expect your hardware to wash your clothes you will be as upset as these grubs. Be smart about it lokk for what you want before you buy it. These guys just go out and buy and don't care then they wine about it. I have tallied everybody on audioreview up. I found all their I.Qs added up equals 0. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If you listen to me you will have no problems with your audio/video component hardware. (UNLESS IT'S FROM A BUBBLE GUM MACHINE)

Purchased At:   sears

Submitted by Anonymous a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM JVC DVD PLAYERS, I BOUGHT THIS UNIT AND IT DIED IN 5 DAYS. IT STARTEED FREEZING UP AND ENDED UP TOTALLY DYING LATER ON! JVC MAY BE THE KING OF VCR'S BUT THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE FOR DVD!

Submitted by Ed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I originally purchased this item based purely on price. It was a clearance item and at $150 for, at the time, JVC's top end model, it was a no-brainer. Quality at an almost disposable price.
I have had the item for almost a year and it simply does what it is supposed to do. Play DVD's, fast forward when I want, pause when I want, skip to scenes when I want, present great visuals, and play great sound. I have not had one single bad experience with this item. It plays and sounds great through my Denon AV - 3000 receiver and my Polk Audio 1000i main speakers and Polk center and surround speakers. Understand that this is a subjective review because what I feel is great sound and visuals may not be the same as your perception. I have listened and viewed systems that cost $10,000 and systems that cost what I paid (a lot less) and my system gave me the best sight/sound for the buck.
In summary, for me, this DVD player does what it is supposed to do and I am a happy consumer. If you can get one of these at under $200, I would recommend it. My overall rating would have been a 5 if it had component outputs.

Submitted by Gary Welch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Never showed color from the first use. Sent to JVC to have repaired under warranty. It was return 30 days latter, Still no color. Returned it again to JVC after 4 months in shop the unit was replaced with JVC XV-525BK. A model that cost about half the cost of the one I originally purchased.

Purchased At:   PriceClick.Com

Submitted by Luke Natas a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my first dvd player. I've been a long time JVC fan and have had no problems with any of their product's. In this situation I only have myself to blame for impulse buying. The salesman who sold this player to me said that it was the top of the line. yeah right!! The player itself has given me many nights of enjoyment but at the same time it has given me many nights of headaches. Word of advice....Don't beleive every salesperson. Do your research.

Purchased At:   Leons