JVC XV-525BK DVD Players

3.19/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $299.00

Single tray DVD player with Dolby Digital, DTS

Submitted by Victoria Zischke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Don't buy it...I use alot of electronic equipment...and it's not, as some past reviews have insinuated, that I am either incapable of hooking it up properly, or because I use bad cables...unless of course you consider gold tipped Monster cables poor in quality.

Purchased At:   PC Richards

Submitted by george barlow a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
lost the audio, that's when I found out that G.E. DOES NOT HAVE ANY PARTS AVAILABLE for their DVD players. If it breaks, you have to throw it away & buy another one.

The new one WILL NOT be one from G.E. / RCA !!!

I'm getting tired of this mentality from the manufacturers.

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Before I bought this in Oct. of 2000 I checked all the rewiews here to find the best one for the most resonable price. Well I ended up with this one for my own resons. And I very happy with it. It PLAYS all the movies I threw at it including THE MATRIX which seemed to be the benchmark of testing DVD players for multi layer capabilities. Occasionaly I will get a 1-2 sec. pause when it's changing chapters, but you hardly notice it.
Some of these people who went through 2-3 units cause they say they don't work, should probally have someone who know's what their doing to install one of these things. And use QUALITY cables! like running your sub with dollar store 24 gauge wire and giving the amp a bad name cause it don't put out like you thought it would.
There's alot of idiots in this world and I've learned this, don't make your judgment according to others, use your own judgment and try it yourself.
I'm otta here..

Purchased At:   Brandsmart

Submitted by Joseph Kidd a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
It just works great

Purchased At:   Dave & Busters

Submitted by Dan Scheider a

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
If I'm going to spend $200 dollars on a DVD player, it should be able to play any types of DVD's. The first movie I tried to watch was the Matrix. I was disappointed when I tried to skip to later chapters. It would not play the second half of the chapters without skipping and without distortion. So I tried to just watch the movie straight through and as soon as I got to the later chapters, it would skip and get distorted. I found that the JVC has trouble reading dual-layered discs. I question the reliability of this player so returned it.

High End: