JVC DR-MV7S DVD Recorder / VCR Combo
Description: The DR-MV7S is a DVD/VHS recorder combo that includes all of the DR-M101S features plus a Hi-Fi VHS deck. The combo recorder, which stands just 3.1 inches tall, makes the transfer of VHS material to DVD a very simple procedure. Like the DR-M101S, the DR-MV7S offers DVD HD up-conversion, but also offers VHS HD up-conversion. Using the deck’s HDMI output, the VHS signal is up-converted to 1080i or 720p to match the resolution capability of the HD display, delivering a better quality VHS picture.

Submitted by Wally a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit on 1/2/07. It completely locked up on 2/3/07. I couldn't even removed the CD in the unit. The DVR and the VHS both quit working. I was told by JVC to take it to their authorized service facility some 30 miles from my home. I dropped it off on 2/16/07. I got a call about a week later telling me they had to order a part. Five weeks later its still sitting in the shop waiting for a part that is on back order. The piece of junk has been in the shop longer than it has been in my home. I called JVC to ask about a replacement unit and I was told to contact the store where I bought it. All they will do is fix it under warranty. The repair tech says it is anybodys guess as to when they will get the part. I have never had this much trouble with a brand new product. My advice is to avoid this unit at all cost!!!!! Unless of course you don't mind gazing hopelessly at the empty space under your TV where your DVR used to be.

Purchased At:   HHGregg