INITIAL IDM-830 DVD Players

• High-capacity rechargable lithium battery
  • 12V car adaptor, video cable, audio cable

Submitted by Julia a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased this product 10 months ago. I had to return it one month later because there were these weird bars on the top of the screen. Less than 2 months later I had the same problem but since it was past the stores 1 month policy of return, I would have to return it to the company. So I thought I would just have to live with it. Then a few months ago, it stopped on the loading screen and never worked again. The company requested $49.00 to fix or replace the item which was only supposed to take 2-3 weeks and took a month to receive back. Now I received the new one yesterday and you will never guess what is wrong with it. Yep, the bars are there and now the screen is cut off at the bottom of the picture and shows up at the top. Now I am sending my 3rd one back in 10 months for the 4th. I had previously been told I would not have this problem with the bars, however the person that I spoke with today says it is a common problem. The solution you ask? They are not making as many of them anymore. What are the odds of this happening to me again with the next one, or to anyone else. I believe Circuit City has since stopped selling this particular DVD player.
I have never had so many problems with any electronics ever!

Purchased At:   Circuit City