Go Video VR4940 DVD Players

3.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $426.00

• DVD player/recorder
  • Blank DVD-R disc
  • Remote control with batteries
  • RF coaxial audio/video cable (3 feet)
  • Stereo analog audio/composite-video interconnect (3 feet)

Submitted by tedcloak a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
Supplementing previous reviews: We bought Fuji dvd-r and dvd-rw media and it worked just fine; copied a whole movie from vhs to dvd-r.

The dvd plays without problems on my Panasonic 27" TV-vcr-dvd combo.

Purchased At:   J&R

Submitted by kiko456@cox.net a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the govideo 4940 dvd/vcr recorder. I successfully recorded to the 2 blank DVDs that were provided. After reading the first post here on this product, I went out and bought some Imation DVD-R discs. I received error messages after recording. I called go video and they told me to purchase sony, phillips, or verbatim dvds. How frustrating! I will now try and purchase verbatim dvds. If these do not work, I will return the product. I just don't understand how a company could mass market a dvd recorder and it is not able to record to just any dvd. I will say that the two successful dvds that I copied with the 2 discs that were provided turned out great. I looked for the brand name of the discs provided so that I could purchase similar discs, but there is no brand name on them.

Purchased At:   goodguys

Submitted by jsbrown01 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a really great unit, but just wanted to write a quick review to alert buyers about this product. The DVD recorder is very sensitive as to what brand of blank DVD's you use. I didn't know this until I called GoVideo and they told me. Therefore, I wasted lots of money, time and numerous blanks before being told about this. The ones to use, according to GoVideo, and according to what I've had success with are Verbatim and Imation blank DVD-R's. Do not waste your money on TDK, Maxell or Memorex blanks. They don't work. You'll just get error messages and lots of plastic coasters laying around. Good luck!

Purchased At:   1-877-Camcorder.com