Denon DVD-3910 DVD Players

4.17/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

• DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW
  • Plays SACD, DVD-Audio, CD, CD-R
  • Plays digital photo CDs (JPEG)
  • HDMI interface with multichannel audio
  • Denon Link digital audio output

Submitted by Mario Chapdelaine a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
Wow ! Igot it used but what a nice and precise reader. It is a solid gold dvd-cd reader. I Love it. And reproduce audio with clear sound image .The video side is amazing and lot of details .

Submitted by pitdogg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
This 3910 is a very good player. The Denon link is a vast improvement over the analog ext. outputs on my 2900. HDMI is also very good. I cannot believe how much of an improvement it has made when compared to my 3805/2900 paring. I have read where everybody say's that the upconverting from standard DVD is not the same as a high-def DVD. Well that my be but i am here to say that when compared to 720p hd tv and 720p upconverted DVD you would be hard pressed to which is which. Superbit 5th element DVD the smoke is so real it seems like you could walk right up to the TV and take a puff! The only downside i have found so far with this player is that the selection process in the menu's is very slow as compared to my 2900 so much that when i called Denon to ask about using a short 1ft. piece of cat 5 cable instead of their supplied Denonlink 2m cable they also said that was the one thing they did not like about the player vs. the 2900. I cannot comment about the 3930/2910/2930 as i have not toyed with them. But I will take the stunning sound,picture and the loss of 10 inter-connects vs.2 HDMI&Denonlink on the 3910. I'll give it a 5 star rating on value because at 700.00 shipping included in that price i consider it a steal but due to the slow DVD menu selection process I'll give it as a whole 4 stars

Purchased At:   listenup

Submitted by comeup a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Love the way it sounds Love the way the video looks. Had a pioneer Elite dv59ai that sounded slightly better in mutichannel audio mode, but had a chroma problem on my Hitachi, so I returned it for the Denon which has a stunning picture. The two channel sounds better than my Rotel cd player couldn't believe that. It stands out in stereo even better than the Pioneer although the Pioneer sounded really Hi Res in multichannel audio. if I wanted just for dvd-audio-sacd would have to go with the Pioneer, but the Denon sounds dam good, also the build quality of the denon is far superior the thing is built like a cannon weighs in over twenty pounds. The best overall dvd player for the money.

Purchased At:   magnolia HiFi

Submitted by Vestige a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
A great product just got better. Denon recently released a SA-CD firmware update for Denon Link and addressed some video issues through HDMI. I've owned this player for about 6 months and it sounds better every time I listen to it. SA-CD’s and DVD-Audio discs sound amazing through Denon Link. Video performance over the HDMI is spectacular and the Audio performance over Denon Link is superior to any other connection, including i-link. Denon Link passes DD, DTS, Digital DVD-Audio & now SACD signals. With just two cables (HDMI and Denon Link) all of your video and audio concerns are addressed with outstanding quality. Video up conversation to 720p or 1080i look stunning (after calibration). This is the perfect match for the Denon 3805 and together, you achieve perfect video and audio at an affordable price. I highly recommend this player. It's worth every penny!

Purchased At:   Wholesale

Submitted by edward a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
Before upgrading my DVD player I tried to gather as much information from as many places as possible. I listened to what local dealers said about their favorite DVD players, auditioned what they liked and read reviews before making my decision. Its hard to use many of the reviews in my decision as the other equipment a reviewer has in their home theater can highly affect what his or her results will be with a given product. I also found the importance of having your TV calibrated by a professional, or at least with one of the good do-it-yourself DVD's that can be purchased.After careful looking/reviewing I decided to look further into the Denon DV-3910.After more internet research I came across a site that professionally tests DVD players using specialized equipment. They send the players through many different deinterlacing and core tests to determine the accuracy of the picture. The Denon DV-3910 was in the top 2 (the other was a very expensive high end Denon model) and my decision was made to purchase one.

The Denon DV-3910 uses the Faroudga FLI-2310 deinterlacer which is noted for a outstanding picture but can also add macroblocking in dark areas. A friend has the flagship DV-5900 which uses the same deinterlacer and was known for macroblocking. A TV calibration reduced this problem to almost unseen levels. The DV-3910 has almost no macroblocking as I first used my friend's DV-5900 on my bedroom TV and noticed a minor macroblocking problem and then used the DV-3910 on the same TV with great results and no problems. This problem can varie from TV to TV. The DV-3910 uses very similar electronics as the DV-5900 and it looks as though Denon has addressed the problem. I never have had the FF fast scan problem noted in one review.

The SACD and DVD-A playback is superb and very detailed. The CD playback is a bit on the warm/soft side for my tastes but very acceptable.

If your looking for a great universal player look no further as the DV-3910 will please both the movie and music lover. I hesitate to give anything 5 stars as every player has its setbacks but I think Denon has come up with a all around winner at an afordable price.

Purchased At:   new on internet