Denon DVD-2930CI DVD Player DVD Players

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
I needed a second DVD player for my second flat screen. I decided to move my HK31 to the bedroom set. Now what for the home theatre? Obviously the the HD or Blue Ray were a choice. I am afraid to commit to a format when it's future isn't clear. Also, I listen to music CD on the DVD so a player with good audio res is important. The Denon DVD 2930 CI seemed to fit the bill. The video processing is amazing. I looked at a DVD "Batttle of Britain" made in 1979 with Michael Caine among other stars. The Denon brought the resolution up to nearly HD quality. Not quite but still shows Great contrast, vivid colors, sharp images, no jaggies. Similar with a lot of older or poor quality films. On newer DVD the change in video quality is not so apparent. I am using HDMI output at 1064 x 768 as that is the monitor's resolution. It is striking. The audio also lives up to Denon's reputation. I have yet to learn all the adjustments as it is quite complex. I can't imagine a better universal player out there. My only complaint is that on start up, the monitor doesn't accept the signal, I see green horizontal nonsense. I have to turn the player and monitor on and off several times for them to connect. properly. I don't know if this is a fault of the DVD or of the monitor or their interaction.

Purchased At:   Internet Retailer DA