Denon DVD 2930 Cl DVD Players

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $845.00

Universal DVD Player with Solicon Optix Rean VX Chips

Submitted by canuckle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
The 2930CI is certainly not what people will initially think of when they go shopping for a DVD player... not in a world of $60 DVD players at least. But for those with finer tastes, this Denon is a killer piece of equipment. The picture it produces on an HDTV that has an HDMI feed is absolutely spectacular. Colours are so much richer than on any of my old players (Toshiba, Sony, Oppo, Zenith) and the overall image is refined and detailed in a way that just sets the Denon picture far apart from other players.

Audio-wise, the 2930CI is audiophile-grade, hands down. The Burr-Brown PCM1791a DACs are as good as any DACs on the market today. The ability to have DVD, DVD-A, SACD, and CD all played by one player helps greatly to mitigate the cost.

It's easy and friendly to use with a clear and usable remote. A 2-second search on the internet will turn up a simple code that you can punch into it to make it a universal (NTSC or PAL), region-free device. That's a lovely feature if your DVD collection spans the continents.

As universal players go, this one is the best compromise between quality and price that I'm aware of. I recommend it highly.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2007

Bottom Line:
I wrote another review down here and rated the product overall 4 star. I would personally like to apologies to Denon to do that as it should be rated over 5. I wrote that when it was two weeks old. Now it is nearly a year old and boy what a DVD Player. Beautiful images, excellent color, no gagies, no rainbow effect, nothing just pure crispy images. It is one of the best dvd player that money could buy. Absolutely a outstanding player with rich performance. Sometimes I realy can’t sya whether I am watching a HD / Blue Ray DVD or a just plain SD DVD, it is that good. Up conversion does a wonderful job.

Just buy it and wait till burn in and you will be in a heaven. Off course if you are still have lot dvd in collection and do not want to though them a way like me.

Purchased At:   Singapore Dealer

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was using a pioneer DVD player SA8260 ($700) which is known as Elite 45A in USA. It was a nice player but it died on me so bought a another cheap pioneer DVD player ($150). As because at that time I did not wanted to spent some hard cash on DVD player. But after some days I have decided to buy a oppo as I read so much about this company and the price is unbelievable. But unfortunately in Singapore they ran out, so I thought what the hell lets buy a Denon. At least with Denon you can’t go wrong.

Boy I am glade that I decided to go with Denon, it is a wonderful player. The picture is very realistic and it’s noise reduction capacity is it’s main strength. Picture dept is noticeable, and the color is almost right. Overall it is one of the best DVD player money can buy.

Audio quality is also excellent. I have nothing to say against this player. In the benchmark Oppo may score better in video quality but in overall performance denon 2930 is must a winner.

Purchased At:   Singapore, Denon Dea