Denon DVD-2800Mk2 DVD Players

Progressive Scan DVD Player

Submitted by stereophonic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Its not easy beeing an audiophile who buys a DVD and intend to use it for pure cd listening, in fact quite sacreligious.

Any how, with a limited budget this time, and a fobi agaist two many remote controls I figured It must be possible, and started reading revews from various sources. I finally narrowed in the search to Denon 2800 MK as it received as much praise for sound as for picture.

Picture is great - I dont have HDTV and cannot comment on progressive scan capability. Interlaced is very crisp and with very good contrast. Colors stays in place to perfection, and having plyed several disc I havent come across the slightes error. very smooth and film like.

The CD sound is particular high resolute and detailed. As a Cd the 2800 provides a stunning soundstage. The sound is analytical, uncolored, precise, and reveals exactly whats on the recording. bad recordings sound BAD, and the Good recorduings just wonderfull. This perfection due to hightech da converters, almost makes me miss my old Marantz CD, with its colored and warm sound, however the detail and honesty of the 2800 more than makes up the miss - particular with newer material.

DVD sound is Incredible !!!

Purchased At:   Ecost.com

Submitted by Nicklas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this player due to excellent reviews in various magazines. Wanted a player that was a good CD-player AND DVD-player. The lack of DVD-A and SACD didn´t bother me at all. This player has completely satisfied my needs and expectations of a good DVD-player. Unbelievable picture quality with wonderful colors. Dark scenes are as excellent as brighter ones. I use the player as a CD-player also and I think the sound quality can be compared to the sound of CD-players in almost the same price range as this unit. A great sound in my opinion. Very solid built. For this price I couldn´t find a better unit, after several months of "research" in many different stores.

Atlantic Technology :