Denon DVD-1910 DVD Players

4.13/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

• 2MB buffer for quick layer change
  • Virtual Surround Sound for enhanced 2-speaker sound
  • Optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
  • 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video, and 480i/480p component video)
  • 17-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 9-3/4"D

Submitted by usabug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
Very disappointed with this product. This unit replaced my Toshiba that stopped playing a vast amount of my DVD's. I want a Samsung to match my Samsung DLP, but was talked into the Denon instead. Unit worked great until 11 months old, then stopped playing discs and wouldnt respond to menu commands.

I called Denon, they said send to repair center. What a joke. 6 weeks later still havent received it. They said the unit was a cheap unit, but should have lasted 2-3 years min.

This was my first Denon unit and will be my last.

Purchased At:   goodguys

Submitted by htaddict a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
Hello,
Please keep in mind this is my experience only.Don't want to start any wars.
That being said this player stinks.I am a big Denon fan.I have owned the following,1600,1910,2200,and now am waiting for the 2910 to arrive from crutchfield.The 1910 is very poorly made.Thats why its so lite.If you don't beleive me take the cover off.There is hardly any thing in there.Big gaping spaces where quality components are supposed to be.Also what i found troubling is they advertise on the face plate DCDI Fouroujia.Well inside there sits the SIL 504 chip.Says so,printed right on the chip.Very surprised Denon would do this.Especially since this was the reason i bought it.I prefer the DCDI to the silicone image chip.I always thought the 1600 with DCDI looked better than my current 2200 with the SIL chip.Thus the reason for me getting the 2910.Then again i think my expectations may have been to high for a 200.00 player.The picture it produces on my 73 mits is full of macro blocking,artifacting.Also Black scenes like stars in space are greenish.This improved when i stopped using DVI and switched to component out.But still low quality picture.This may be a fluke for Denon with this model.Just letting you know my uniqe experience with it.If your looking at this player i suggest you go to audiogon or ebay and grab a used 2200 or my choice 1600 for about 250.00 or so.You will be much happier.Cheers and happy movie watching.

Purchased At:   internet

Submitted by navierstokes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I returned this product after 3 weeks.

It suffered from the macroblocking and artifacting common to the Faroudja FLI2301 and FLI2310 chips. Poor PQ in general and random macroblocking. This issue may be display dependedant, but it also could be a Denon/Faroudja issue.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by ylim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
I wanted a player that performs better than the average mass market player but didn't feel like spending highend dollars. Something to get me by until HD DVD arrives. I took a chance and bought the Denon DVD 1910 and was pleasantly surprised. It looks just like another cheaply made player. It weighs a mere 5 pounds and has a no frills display. It turns out that this is not just another budget player. Don't let it's light weight fool you. Its a very special player indeed. Video performance is on par much more expensive players. If all you need is a solid DVD player and dont need all of the other features like SACD decoding, etc. look no further. The 1910 is a great performer. Take the leap of faith as I did and you will be pleasantly surprised. The ability to taylor video sharpness, color, contrast, etc. is great feature. This player blows away the Sony it replaces.

Purchased At:   GoodGuys

Submitted by giantsrl56 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased this shortly after my Panasonic 5 disk DVD player refused to ever open up again. I am very happy I purchased this DVd player. I have an Hitachi 53" Widescreen HDTV -the DVI or HDMi.( 3yrs. old). I cannot get over the picture quality of this unit. The Faroudja processing makes a huge difference. No jagged edges anywhere like I saw with my Panasonic and Toshiba DVD players. Audio CD's sound very good. Connected to my Denon 3805. Using Pure Direct Mode makes a Huge Difference. I just have a question about the noise output from this Player. Does anyone here hear an annoying Spinup noise when any DVD or CD is sitting in the unit Idle? It tends to get quiet when it starts to play, but @ idle tends to be a little noisey. Other then that, great purchase for a Unit that only costs $220. If you get your TV calibrated right this thing looks great. I can't get over the way this sounds too. Hoping to get 2910 so I can play SA... This is an expensive hobby huh? Nothing like trying to get the best Sound and picture money can buy. Sucks being anal about stuff like this... I can only imagine what DVI ouyput looks like with this unit. Component Looks Great. By the way,have you looked at Photo CD's on this unit? Pictures look better then on my PC.

Purchased At:   mydigitaluniverse.co