Audiovox PVS33116 Portable DVD Player with Screen DVD Players

If you're looking for a portable DVD player to use occasionally and don't want to invest a lot of money, this is a satisfactory model. It doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that more expensive players may have, but if you find this player on sale, as I did, it's a great deal, especially for a 10-inch screen. A few drawbacks: 1)It has only one slot for headphones (a problem if two would like to watch a movie together--which is one reason to buy a 10-inch player over a seven or eight), 2)it does not shrink down full-screen dvds to a more reasonable proportion, and 3)it's a bit difficult to grasp and open (there's no obvious latch to slide) and the controls are manual and a bit tricky to navigate.

Submitted by Goodgodman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is my second portable DVD player for Audiovox and it is used by an adult only! I purchased this DVD player to take on long road trips which we take once a year and in the meantime I use it once in a while at home in my camper when I'm cleaning it. I've had this one just a little over two years and it will not recognize any DVDs. AudioVox rips people off and absolutely does nothing about it! you can't even get to customer support! Customer support is only questions and answers... how crooked for them! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE AUDIOVOX AGAIN!

Product model year:   2008