Apex Digital AD 500W DVD MP3 Player DVD Players

2.7/5 (33 Reviews)

- Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM out.
- Fast motion forward and backward.
- Slow motion forward and backward.
- Frame by frame slow motion.
- Plays DVD, VCD, SVCD, CD, and MP3.
- Parental lock, zoom, built-in screen saver.
- Multiple language subtitles.
- Programmable playback sequence.
- Multiple angle, plays both NTSC and PAL.

Submitted by Teresa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
Have had this for about two months and I bought it for three bucks at a yard sale. I thought it wouldnt play because it was so dusty and dirty and the flap on the door wasnt present BUT Lo and behold, when I got this baby home, everything worked perfect. Plays dvds, dvdr, dvdrw, mp3s and cd. Plus its region free. I love it very very much. Sound is really good and so is the picture. better than most expensive brands. I like it. I recommend APEX.

Purchased At:   Yard Sale

Submitted by user_RU a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
using it over a year, and never! (I repeat: never!) had any problem described in this site in reviews. It plays DVDs well, it recognize any CD (CDR, CDRW even badly written). It plays lots of formats.

Submitted by creedman69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this before they went down to 50 bucks. Its a cheap DVD player, thats about it. It's Mp3 capabilities are limited, but hey, 50 bucks only goes so far(in my case a little less than 100...) My only true problem is that every once and a while it will get confused, give up, and spit whatever i am trying to play out, usually an MP3 disk. I've got a freind who has the same one and he hasn't had any trouble, although he doesnt use it for Mp3s.

Purchased At:   Good ol' Walmart

Submitted by Rakkel a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I saw this advertised in the "Day After Thanksgiving Sale" Wal-Mart ad. So, what did I do? After swearing up and down that anybody who actually went into Wal-Mart on those days was a lunatic, and you would never catch me there, I asked my dad to go with me to get it. It was a DVD player for less than $100! How could I pass that up?! I should have. It skips like a 1999 CD player. It doesn't sit and repeatedly skip, but randomly two words out of someone's sentence on the DVD don't get said. And there's been about two occassions where it decided it didn't want to display anything at all, but it had sound. So, all in all, it was worth the cheap price, for how much I use it, which isn't too much.

Purchased At:   (not super)Wal-Mart

Submitted by Robelto Nash a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
my problem is the remote control it seems to have gone bad for no reason whatsoever. other than that it works like a charm perfect picture if you can get me a new remote i,ll be most happy.

Purchased At:   ST.Vincent