Aiwa XD-DV380 DVD Players

Submitted by destarr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this player after some extensive research into the dvd player field. I first tried out a klh five disc changer that was very nice but weighed a ton and was without some features that I needed (zoom and optical digital) then I tried out a 3 disc jvc, this one was worse than the KLH model. While it did have all of the features that the klh lacked it had the worst set up remote I have ever seen. I had to hold down the chapter skip button to fast forward, which was a major pain in the ass when I would accidently just press it down and it would skip to the next chapter. THis led me to take it back and try out the Aiwa. First off I noticed that it had all of the inputs/outputs that I wanted, lacking only the 5.1 decoder that is not needed if you have a reciever that does it. The remote set up takes some time to get used too, but it was way better of a set up than that of the JVC. On playing the different formats it works flawlessly, although the MP3 play is no the strongest GUI (graphic user interface). THe dual layer dvds only pause for half a second while the laser readjusts, and the player does take some time to load the dvds, but for the price you can not beat how many formats this player supports as well as the number of input/output options you have available. Has lasted the test of time and beatings for 2 years, I recomend this player for anyone wanting to get a dvd player for under $150

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Kuda Kepang a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Can play DVD, VCD, MP3, Audio CD.

Purchased At:   Japan

Submitted by Shiva Maraj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Picture and sound quality is awsome however I am still waiting on the overall quality of the workmanship.

Purchased At:   The Wiz