Aiwa XD-DV290 DVD Players

2.63/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

· DTS/Dolby Digital Out (Coax & Optical) · 96kHz/24-Bit Audio D/A Converter · Component, Composite & S-Video Outputs · 10-Bit Video D/A Converter · CD-R/RW Playback Compatible

Submitted by phromPhilly a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had this player for 2 years. I used it about twice a week. It played fine until about a week ago when it started skipping and freezing up about an hour into DVDs. Tried it with several different DVDs and it kept doing the same thing. Out of warranty so I guess I'm out of luck. It will cost more to fix than to get a new player. No more Aiwa for me. Two years is too short a time to be breaking down.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by dev a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
i bought this from a grey market in singapore ( who became a enemy after)The picture quality of this dvd is not up to the mark , even the sound is not crisp when compared to other premium products.but for this price u cannot expect more from this player.

Purchased At:   singapore

Submitted by David a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great machine for getting into the DVD world. And being able to play all those other formats is a big bonus. Overall I'm very satisfied w/ the performance and price.

Purchased At:   Hong Kong

Submitted by Carlos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, that´s my first DVD player and work very fine, I get a pair of Monster S-Video and Optical audio cable and connect it to my Sony STR-DE845 A/V receiver (Sony and B&W LM1 speakers) and my philips TV. What can I say you? Great sound and very sharp and detaile image. The only problem is the little freeze sometimes, and only doit for miliseconds.

Purchased At:   A store in Caracas

Submitted by Richie Cunningham a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
It's a crap shoot with this machine. I know someone who has this model and loves it and says it works great. Then there's me: I got what I thought was a great deal, but the thing never quite worked. It skipped on 90% of the DVD's, but not until I was at least an hour into it (making it more annoying than ever). I brought it in for warranty and they are replacing the laser and I'm hoping that does it, but I still have to pay the labor costs. I'd steer clear from Aiwa. They have yet to prove they can make a decent DVD player or back up their errors when they don't.

Purchased At:   egghead.com