Panasonic DMP-BD55 K 1080p Blu-Ray Player Blu-Ray

Playable Disk Types: DVD Video • CD (Audio) • Blu-ray

Playable File Formats: DivX • MP3 • JPEG

Submitted by ham500 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I had the PIoneer elite bdp05fd machine and got angered that Pioneer kept promising an update for dts master audio for months. I got rid of it and bought this machine. This player is a 5! No matter how much money you spend on a dvd blu ray player this minute you are not going to beat it...period! Picture is excellent with enough adjustments to tweak and audio is superb. This player was voted in the top 20 products in Sound and Vision magazine and is certified and highly recommended! I am picky and it passed my expectations! Buy it on Ebay because they dont sell it in the store anymore. Panasonic last fall goofed and didnt manufacture enough never expecting they were so great and would sell out! Yes it has DTS Master audio playback right out of the box and firmware can be updated right over the internet with a broadband connection. Yes it is a profile 2.0 player! It plays sd cards too in high def from your digital camera and video recorded from the new hd camcorders that use sd cards to record video on! One more thing.....it has analog 7.1 outputs for older non hdmi receivers....wow! In fact it has almost everything!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by unleasHell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
My first Blu-Ray player, I waited a while until the prices dropped and the technologies advanced. I works great and I bought from Circuit City as it was closing-down so I saved a bunch of the regular price! Anyway CNEt loved this machine and that is what convinced me to go with it...

Product model year:   2009