Panasonic DMP-BD10 Blu-Ray

Blu-Ray Disc Player

Submitted by balloonknot32 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the DMP-BD10A. The price here in Canada has come down to $799 MSRP. Just got this player and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. Some people don't like the drop down door but I think it's just fine. Unit seems to be made very solid. Like the addidtion of the power cord being removable.

Video is hooked up via HDMI (1080i) and audio is done by the 6 channel analog outputs to my Anthem AVM 30. All I can say is that movies in Blu ray look and sound terrific. The picture is so pristine you can see every detail. The auido is just amazing. Dolby True HD and PCM blow the doors off plain Dolby Digital and DTS. Want proof, check out Underworld, Black Hawk Down, 300, Fifth Element, Troy and both Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

I heard nothing but horror stories about load times and I can tell you that it's not that bad. I haven't timed it but it's not too bad. It doesn't affect my vieving at all.

Purchased At:   Trutone Electronics

Submitted by Craig a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
This Blu Ray player by far (for the time being) is the best Next-Gen player on the market. I realize that this is a hige bold statement however I can back it up because I purchased the Sony Blu Ray back in Novemeber. I had not one, not two but three Sony Players because all of them had to be returned at some point because they all had freeze problems in the unit whether I used a standard def or Blu Ray disc. The Panasonic not only has been trouble free, but plays both standard def and Blu Ray well. Prior to the Panasonic I owned a Denon DVD 5900 and the load times on this unit was as slow as the current Panasonic. As a matter of fact the Panasonic is not that slow. The response time from the remote control is good. Overall this is a great 1st gen player from Panasonic. The company also keeps you informed of any upgrades to the player which is also a plus.

Purchased At:   Best Buy